LegacyGT.com

Any other norcal golfers out there?

wpmarky

We have 3 LGT peeps (me, Kenley, and Brendan) so far to play some time in the next month or so. Need one more for a chill round in the Sunol/Pleasanton area. Don't have to be good, just thought it would be kool if we can fill a foursome with all Leggy owners.

Golfer here. Always nice to make new golfing friends. Can't play during the week though, would have to be weekend rounds. Unfortunately, all of my weekend golf time is spoken for at least through the end of September (playing every weekend with my daughter until she moves away to college). After that I will be solo again though.....

I am expecting my first daughter next month (9/19), I will need some tips from you on how to get her into golf ; )

Enjoy your time with your daughter, that's awesome you get to play with her every week.

Looks like our calendars are opposites =p I'm not sure how my golf calendar will look after my baby comes, you guys would know better than I what to expect. If we can't play before the end of September, I'll hit you guys up the next time I'm free. Anyone else free in the next month?

Actually she started asking for lessons when she was 6 or 7 so I didn't get her into golfing other than her seeing me play a lot. It turned out she had a natural swing so it kind of just grew naturally and she wound up playing on her high school team.

You will have NO time for anything other than taking care of your wife and daughter for a while and it is GREAT! Take winter off from golf, have fun with your girls and then by Spring, you and your wife might be settled in enough for you to get out to the course again. My turn to say enjoy that time. You will be helping her move out in no time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Unfortunately, this Sat. won't be good for me to golf. Other early mornings (7-8am) on Sat. or Sun. work for me.

Oh, and Mark, you can't force your daughter to play golf, you can only suggest. :) You can get her started in a Jr. Golf program (First Tee), there are also places that offer free Jr. lessons on the weekend (Pruneridge). I took my 7 and 9 year old's out to walk Valley Gardens in Scotts Valley, and they were only able to get through the first 4 holes before they got tired. They had taken a very short summer golf program with some school friends. Getting them to want to play is not easy, they have to slowly get into it and it helps if they have friends who are into it too.

Archived