LegacyGT.com

05 legacy gt expert in NY Queens?

Hello, I am a new member who recently purchased an 05 legacy gt with 50k miles. Needless to say I am very very happy about the car, but I have yet to have it fully inspected by a reliable mechanic. One problem being that dealership is gonna charge me too much and also they're booked for the next week. The car seems perfect however, I've read about the dreaded banjo bolt and would like to check it out. One problem yesterday making a left turn after a stop sign, the check engine light came on and the car would not accelerate. After parking the car, the rpm shot up to about 2-3000 sitting in park. after restarting about 5 times it did go away... It seems like I'm just blabbering on so I'll stop here. Basically I just have zero knowledge about cars; wondering if there are any legacy gt owners living near me that can recommend a mech or check the car out =P. Thanks for your time and I hope to get a response soon =)

P.S. sometimes I feel like the car is having problems engaging the boost, seems slower... I just really want to get the green light so I can drive the car as it was intended!

I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly knowledgeable. I might be able to help you a bit.... not with the banjo filter though because I still have yet to do that myself. :) I'm in Flushing.

Hey there! I would really appreciate if you can test drive my car once =)

Archived