LegacyGT.com

PIC Search

DOes anyone have that pic of the Legacy that showed just the structure? It clearly showed that the stock sunroof had a metal ring around it for support. Im having an arguement with someone that says sutomobile makers only produce cars with no sunroofs. Then the cut a hole in the top to add one. He says it doesnt come off the factory line with one in it. He says that there is no structural re-enforcement supporting the sunroof.

This whole thing started with an arguement concerning aftermarket and factory sunroofs if it helps.

Well, I don't have any pictures for you, but I can verify for you - after 11 years here in the auto industy here in Detroit - that the OEM's DO engineer the sunroofs into the roof structure right from the start of the program, and yes, they DO build them at the factory. In certain instances I think dealers can take it upon themselves to add an aftermarket sunroof to a vehicle - there are companies that do this. But the vast, vast majority of vehicles with sunroofs came out of the factory that way! My company is associated with Webasto, which is one of the major OEM sunroof suppliers here in the USofA.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

does he think that they don't put stereos in either because of all of the after market ones out there? tell him to turn springer off for a minute and venture to the outside world where common sense runs rampant...unless you are dealing with people merging onto the freeway where all traces of common sense seem to have been relocated to the general public's colon. nevermind... ignorance is bliss.

Then the cut a hole in the top to add one. He says it doesnt come off the factory line with one in it. He says that there is no structural re-enforcement supporting the sunroof.

Tell him they make OEM convertibles too.:icon_bigg

Tell him they make OEM convertibles too.:icon_bigg

Actually some converibles are done by 2nd companys. The Toyota solara is a great example of that. Can't remember the company, but they are the ones that "mod" the solara. Actually they do this for a number of manufactures and are very good at it.

Also your friend is partly true, some manufactures don't install moonroofs till they acutally land in the ports. Which ones I cannot tell you, but some installed after the fact.

Archived