LegacyGT.com

cold air intake/ warranty

I have an 05 legacy gt, and about 9 months ago i put in a aem cold air intake. Yesterday my turbo crapped out, I had a warranty on the car, and got it towed to the dealership yesterday. Would the intake void my warranty? could they say the intake ruined the turbo?

Thanks

Is this a aftermarket warranty or a SOA warrantee? most aftermarket warrantees won't cover the turbo unless it was an engine malfunction that cause the turbo failure

2006 Legacy GT 5EAT Perrin UP, SPT CAI, OBXR CBE, Catless DP, Perrin TMIC, Stage 2 AP tune

Soon after BNR 16G, Infamous Tune

Is this a aftermarket warranty or a SOA warrantee? most aftermarket warrantees won't cover the turbo unless it was an engine malfunction that cause the turbo failure

not 100% sure, but when i called the warranty company, they said turbo was covered

thats odd because mine specifically states otherwise. i wonder if theres a loophole. anyways if they say its covered and they ask you about the intake you bought the car with it there

2006 Legacy GT 5EAT Perrin UP, SPT CAI, OBXR CBE, Catless DP, Perrin TMIC, Stage 2 AP tune

thats odd because mine specifically states otherwise. i wonder if theres a loophole. anyways if they say its covered and they ask you about the intake you bought the car with it there

just reviewed my warranty, it says it does not covered modified parts, but could they prove that the intake is what made the turbo blow? my mileage is 82k, so im surprised it didnt give out earlier.

i don't see how they can prove it. i mean its been said a million times that most cold air kits flow less air than the stock air box. I am running a SPT intake because when i bought my car the scoop and silencer were missing :mad: and i got a great deal on the SPT from a memeber here

the spt intake sucks. /fact

the dealer/warranty company has no requirement to honor a warranty if an engine operating item is replaced with a different one. They can claim the intake caused engine/turbo damage. What a smart person would do is put a stock intake back on and then bring it to the dealer :rolleyes:

Subaru or 3rd party warranty?

It will depend on why the turbo failed. If it was an oiling issue then it would be tough to claim that the intake caused it. If it ingested a foreign body then you're in trouble.

Thing is, they can claim anything they want. Question is, are you willing to push it? They know most people won't argue and will pay the money to get their car back quickly so that's why they try it. "Your tires are not at recommended pressures, warranty denied". You'd have to sue (or more likley, go through the arbitration process you probably agreed to in the fine print.)

3rd party warranty companies are experts at selling you lots of coverage that is precisely worded to be useless.

yea just throw a temper tantrum .. and camp out in front of the dealer that they are denying waranty claims . some bad press ! they like that !

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived