LegacyGT.com

No functions?

S0CalGT

I was trying to figure out this wiring issue with the climate control and radio using the JDM bezel. I wired the radio to an aftermarket harness (Metra) then to the stock radio wiring harness. I didn't bother plugging in the A/C, I just wanted to test the Head Unit out to see if it was working... which it didn't :icon_frow . So I started checking my wiring to see if it was square, then the fuses to see if any blew (fuses at the engine bay and above the left knee)... nothing. It was getting dark out so I decided to turn on the passenger map light... nothing. I checked all the other lights (driver side map light, rear passenger dome light) nothing! The Factory security alarm didn't work either, and I know I put a fresh battery in the FOB last week. I was like "that's strange?" Went for a test drive, and it drove like it always does, pretty damn fast, but then I noticed that the MPG meter/Temp Gauge/Clock wasn't working. I plugged the factory unit back in, and that didn't solve anything. Stock radio won't work, neither will the A/C (I read in an earlier post that pushing the "load" button will work, but didn't)! I think I just opened up a bad can of worms!! Is this a matter that will have to be dealt with the dreaded dealership... or have any of you faced a similar issue and would know of a remedy? I need an answer fast and your helpful reply's will be greatly appreciated!

-Fred

Aldhouse,

I've tried the fresh reset already and it's still in the same condition. This morning, I checked the large 50A fuses in the engine bay and the one's in the interior (specifically for the audio and A/C) and they were still good. Any more suggestions?

-Fred

DasWRX,

By the way... "I poop on you" for being the first to have an aftermarket radio in the stock location! HAHAHA... just kidding, outstanding work! Hmm, I might be making a trip down to San Diego from Tacoma so I can probably stop by your shop and check things out. Now, if I can only get my stock unit to work again.

-Fred

Jerami1981,

That's hilarious! We both have the same issue but with different circumstances. I'll check out all my fuses per Boulderguy's and everyone else's suggestions and hopefully that will be the root of the problems. I'll keep you guys posted.

-Fred

A fuse seems very likely. A quick scan of the vacation pix shows that Fuse #8 in the engine bay (20A) has all of the functions you listed:

- Auto A/C control module

- Interior light

- Spot map light

- Audio (memory)

- Clock (memory)

- Keyless entry control module

+ more that I've skipped since you didn't list them

haha..thanks for that..never thought about looking there..i checked the owners manual.it shows fuse 8 as just being for the back-up light so i never checked that one..those jerks left all of the good stuff out. Thanks bunches, i will check that one first thing in the morning when i get up and report back. Weird things i had the map lights working for a second or 2 this evening when i was checking some other fuses..long after my initial problem started, i hope the fuse is my problem and not something i hacked up..

Ok..now for the double whammy...mine was the back up fuse as welll #8..but it wasnt blown..it just wasnt there..why, because i pulled it to put it in #2's slot which was missing..Main fan and otehr things probably..so now i am all running again..i'm just wondering what exactly Main Fan is and how long i have been running w/o it :p) thanks guys for the expedient and accurate help.

Ok..now for the double whammy...mine was the back up fuse as welll #8..but it wasnt blown..it just wasnt there..why, because i pulled it to put it in #2's slot which was missing..Main fan and otehr things probably..so now i am all running again..i'm just wondering what exactly Main Fan is and how long i have been running w/o it :p) thanks guys for the expedient and accurate help.

Read the writing on the fuse box cover carefully -- not all the fan fuses are used. I think only H6 models use #2.

Craig

• 1 year later...

Thread revival :redface:

Can someone please verify which fuse number it is in the fuse box (fusebox inside car or engine bay?) that I need to replace? My car is at the autobody shop and when I was going to pick it up today, it has the exact same problem as jerami and S0CalGT had.

I'm looking at the vacation pix and it says that FB 10 (and NOT FB# 8) is for the audio, clock, keyless entry, LH and RH step light. I don't have my car and I want the shop to change the fuse first before they start ripping my interior tomorrow morning. Can someone please tell me whether it is FB# 8 or FB# 10? And whether it's inside the cabin or engine bay?

BTW, I have an '05 Legacy GT 5EAT. Thanks!!

Archived