LegacyGT.com

2006 Spec b - thoughts?

First time LGT poster, long time suby guy. I currently have a 2010 Forester XT, and used to have a 2005 WRX wagon.

So, I found this 50 miles away in Denver:

http://www.boothmotorsllc.com/inventory/view/7491567?2006-Subaru-Legacy-GT-Spec-B%21-Longmont-CO

I'd rather have a 2007 for the 6MT, but is this worth the price? I don't race/track cars but I like to mod for street performance. I think it already has exhaust and it looks like intake of some kind. Haven't driven the 50 miles to test drive yet.

I do like the exclusivity of it, but I think that's less of a factor with the later years being built.

Anybody regret buying the 06 over other years? Thanks guys!

I have seen this car doing random seaches for legacies. I would say to pick this one up.

As long as you have it inspected. But that car is seriously clean.

I would say this car is a steal.

-Manual

-Nice rims

-Spec B

-In colorado in the middle of winter

-Clean

A legacy gt of that year with a manual and 95k seems to fetch 15k around colorado right now.

That car is pretty rare being a Spec B and super clean. Makes me wish i could have gotten it

For reference i bought a super clean 07 GT with 105k, enkeis, and a with the 5 speed; for 13k in November. (Colorado too)

Spotted: K&N Intake.. Request compression test if seriously interested. This is my personal preference being how fragile these motors can be, and not knowing full history on the car. Otherwise, it definitely looks clean from the pictures.

Spotted: K&N Intake.. Request compression test if seriously interested. This is my personal preference being how fragile these motors can be, and not knowing full history on the car. Otherwise, it definitely looks clean from the pictures.

This could be a good sign. If the car was tuned for it. Which mean tha car is no longer on OEM tune. Which as problem like, burn valves, hesitation, & like to run lean on #4 cylinder (ring & ring land failure).

But agree, if not tune for it, it will be a concern.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Correct me if I am wrong but If exclusivity is what you go for than later MY of spec B were actually build in smaller numbers than 06. If you are not planning on putting too much power to the wheels 5MT is actually more enjoyable/better gearing to drive in the city.

I know a lot of idiots who think it's a ****** civic so they will put aftermarket intakes without tune. Grab your laptop, download ROM. If it's stock I would run without even saying good bye

Correct me if I am wrong but If exclusivity is what you go for than later MY of spec B were actually build in smaller numbers than 06. If you are not planning on putting too much power to the wheels 5MT is actually more enjoyable/better gearing to drive in the city.

I know a lot of idiots who think it's a ****** civic so they will put aftermarket intakes without tune. Grab your laptop, download ROM. If it's stock I would run without even saying good bye

IIRC, 06 Spec.B was only a 500 units run. Drive train & motor is the same as the LGT. But has better suspension & unique interior & 18" wheels.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2006photos1.html

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

IIRC, 06 Spec.B was only a 500 units run. Drive train & motor is the same as the LGT. But has better suspension & unique interior & 18" wheels.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2006photos1.html

Mike

Well that's also one of my concerns: is the 2006 Spec B much better than the standard LGT sedan. If it was 2007, absolutely. But I'm not sure the extra $$ for the aluminum suspension bits, bilstein shocks, and 18s is worth it. I do like the interior.

I'm going to call them and find out what number it is. Maybe somebody here knows the previous mods done to the car. I'm a little suspect about the CAI and don't know about any previous tunes. If I do go with it, I'm going to have it fully checked out. I've never done this before. Is that at my expense? I'm sure it is but don't know.

The problem with the CAI is it probably means one of two things

1. The prior owner was a moron

2. The prior owner didn't have the car stock

Personally in either case I would be careful about buying the car. I'd want testing done and to inspect the car for signs things were swapped back to stock.

I wouldn't touch modded car unless I knew the quality of ownership it had. For example my mods and many regulars on this forum came from research and proper doing. As mentioned the CAI without a tune means bad news for a turbo'd motor AND anyone in the know would realize it means ZERO difference on a tubro'd car.

The problem with the CAI is it probably means one of two things

1. The prior owner was a moron

2. The prior owner didn't have the car stock

Personally in either case I would be careful about buying the car. I'd want testing done and to inspect the car for signs things were swapped back to stock.

I wouldn't touch modded car unless I knew the quality of ownership it had. For example my mods and many regulars on this forum came from research and proper doing. As mentioned the CAI without a tune means bad news for a turbo'd motor AND anyone in the know would realize it means ZERO difference on a tubro'd car.

This is my biggest concern. I might hold out until I find one a little less suspect. Thanks everybody!

Archived