LegacyGT.com

Sorry, another oil question?

05 Lgt w/87K. Location ME, brrrr!

Time for a oil change. Car has Mobil 1 syn since orig owner has ran this for a while. Oil changes come fast for me (400 miles a week/ all highway @ 70/75 mph). I intend to do 3K intervals because of miles on car. My question(s):

Keep using synthetic?

Is it ok to switch back to reg oil?

Thanks

As I understand it you do not want to switch back to conventional oil

I'm not the original owner if thats what you mean. Got this car with 84K, orig owner has run Mobil 1 synth.

I ran synth oil for longer oil change intervals on na cars till miles got up there then swithed to reg oil and went back to 3K intervals. Been doing this commute for 11 yrs so cost is a consideration as well though NOT the deciding factor:) Just wondering if I switched back to reg oil, would I have any complications?

Even with a NA car and especially with a turbo car if its run synthetic all its life keep running synthetic. If the original owner has ran Mobil 1 XXWXX keep running that oil and avoid the Mobil 1 high mileage "special oil" just keep running the regular oil in the recomended weight

With that type of mileage, I would stay with the Synthetic. I would tell you the same if you where running dyno oil for that long. Most oil companies will say it is ok to switch, but engine builders will disagree and say to stick with what was used for the life of the cars mileage.

Regarding your miles and oil change interval. Changing every 3k is actually wasting money. You can definitly go longer and if you what a sense of security have an oil analysis done at 5k miles. Bet it comes back clean. Now longer intervals due depend on the nature of your oiling system and if you are still running the banjo screen.

Personally I use AMSOIL SSO in my Legacy and XL in the minivan.

Why this forum? Is it specific to the 05-09's

Why cant people post in the correct forum anymore?

I use Walmart oil 0w-50

Really, why give the OP a hard time for this, if it is in the wrong forum then the mods will take care of it.

No comment on the Walmart oil or the weight/viscosity you are using.

Really, why give the OP a hard time for this, if it is in the wrong forum then the mods will take care of it.

No comment on the Walmart oil or the weight/viscosity you are using.

The OP should Learn

MODs Move this

It runs :lol:

Archived