lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best deal on Eibach's right now will be the private labelled MSI's - Mark's got two sets left at $225 shipped here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/msi-sps-performance-spring-kit-129387p10.html

That's the only place to get them new right now, as they have stopped being made. (short of someone having a set, but not selling.

I have a set from MSI, and love em.

i have an 08 2.5i if i put tein s techs it would it blow the struts, i want it to look lowered but dont really want to go away from stock struts yet

If you want your car to handle well S-techs are a horrible choice. If you want it to look slammed they're great.

OK, checking back in on this for the eibachs - are they available for wagons at this time? I read through the last few pages and I am a little confused.

They never were available for wagons. They work fine on wagons though. I've got a set on mine. I did use a 1/4" spacer (aka "saggy butt shims") though as I frequently load it up with gear.

Edited by goneskiian

• 2 weeks later...
So how are the Eibach's holding up for everybody in the long run? I'm looking at getting some for my 05 LGT. I want a bit of a drop, but not too much as its a daily driver and I still want some comfort. Thinking of putting these on my stock struts, running about 90,000 kms currently (55,900 miles) Whaddyasay?

I have Epics on Konis. Not as sharp as my Cobb springs but not nearly as harsh either. Epics have probably been on 4-5 months and no complaints at all. It makes sense to do the springs and struts together but if you don't have the cash, you can wait a while. I had my Cobbs on the stock struts for about a year without blowing them out. I kept going back and forth between the idea of Bilsteins vs. coilovers until I saw walkthroughs and reviews of the Konis.

Struts are a good replacement but not as immediately essential as swaybars, tires and LCA bushings IMO. It all depends on where you are in your mod list.

So how are the Eibach's holding up for everybody in the long run? I'm looking at getting some for my 05 LGT. I want a bit of a drop, but not too much as its a daily driver and I still want some comfort. Thinking of putting these on my stock struts, running about 90,000 kms currently (55,900 miles) Whaddyasay?

I wanted exactly what you are describing. I put Eibachs on stock struts and got exactly what you are describing (I already had cobb sways which are great too). The struts had about 20k miles on them when I installed the springs and I have put about 20k more and they are fine so far.

That's what I run, and I like the drive they give me.

I do notice a strange noise coming from the rears when I pull out of my work parking lot. I take a left to merge onto traffic, and there must be a bump there or something because it only happens there. Same with my driveway. Anytime I'm turning and hit a bump, they make a rather strange noise. If I get back there and put some weight on the trunk to force them to compress and spring back, there is no sound. Anyone else notice this?

I get a "clunk" noise from my rears but I changed swaybars (rallitek), shocks (Bistiens) , and springs (Eibach) so I am not sure the cuprit. I did disconnect the bottom of the shock and it sounded like it may be comming from swing arm bushing (on the forward end), not sure. I notice it most when I have weight in the rear (primarily passengers). Any one else had issues?

I do notice a strange noise coming from the rears when I pull out of my work parking lot. I take a left to merge onto traffic, and there must be a bump there or something because it only happens there. Same with my driveway. Anytime I'm turning and hit a bump, they make a rather strange noise. If I get back there and put some weight on the trunk to force them to compress and spring back, there is no sound. Anyone else notice this?

Do you have an aftermarket sway bar. It sounds like the kind of noise a swaybar might make when it is torqued abruptly.

So yesterday I installed the Koni's with swift springs and the right rear sits higher than the left rear about 1/2 inch I'd say. Any ideas as to why? Also The drop in the rear isn't what I expected I think I may have the wagon specific springs on my sedan....I could cut the spring but that would be bad. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickSpur http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

Do you have an aftermarket sway bar. It sounds like the kind of noise a swaybar might make when it is torqued abruptly.

The bar is a Rallitek but the sound I heard was more like "sqeaking " from the forward buswhing, maybe it sounds different when the shock is reattached and it is comming into the cabin.

I have searched a few times and can't seem to find the exact answer. I recently picked up a lightly used set of h&r springs and Konis. My question is I haven't pulled my stock stuff so I wasn't sure if the front springs have factory rubber isolators or not, I am planning on keeping my stock stuff altogether for an easy swap in case in the future.

From the looks of the H&Rs, I don't think there is a factory isolator....just trying to plan for my upcoming swap.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Thanks,

Jason

Could be in the wrong forum/thread but what the hell. I installed those MSI (I think) springs. I'm dropped about an inch all round. Question: how far should I raise ( adjust) my headlights to compensate? 1/2 turn? 1/4 turn? I know, I know, I should do the wall-measuring thing, but until all this snow melts it's not gonna happen. Just need a quick temporary fix.