LegacyGT.com

jmp vf52 Numbers

• 2 months later...

Sorry I can't help you more. Never ran the VF52 in stock form. Had JMP intentions from day one so bought a blown up VF52 and sent it directly to him. His billet compressor wheel for the VF52 is a full 11 blade compressor wheel where as his billet compressor wheel for the VF40 is a 7/7 blade.

I know tuning alliance has a table over in the tuning section comparing compressor wheels and exhaust wheel sizes of various turbos including the VF52. The VF52 in stock form has a slightly smaller compressor wheel than exhaust wheel. Thus supporting the argument for a larger compressor wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
True, but would have thought atleast one person who's had it done would have at the time of getting it back been interested enough to quickly pull the comp cover off and measure the inducer/exducer numbers.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Does anyone have comparisons of the standard VF52 v the JMP52. Curious if there are any noticeable differences.

While I'm not going with the 52(staying with the stock turbo), I'll be driving the 08 to work tomorrow and I can see if I can log stuff with the AccessPort, then I can compare it when I get it back and installed. However, I might put a fancy inlet hose in while the turbo is out so that might skew the post JmP numbers though...

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

All depends on the brand of Dyno your using but you won't get more than about 300 whp on pump gas safely on a heartbreaker Dyno like the Mustang.The 52 just isn't big enough to hope for much more.

Hell I've even seen builds with 1000cc e85 and basic bolt on wrx's with like 330ish whp. Hopefully jmp will jump in here soon, I sent him a pm couple days ago about building me a 52 but no reply just yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's up with your boost control and afr? Leaks?

I remember we tuned this car back in 2014 but not sure if the dyno was right after or quite a bit afterward. There is no wideband data during the etune and the intake was stock so it could be a leak that generated after the process.

The boost control is actually smoother than it appears on the sheet but had a little spike during the dyno obvioulsy. This didn't show up in the logs on the "road". Sometimes the filtering on mustangs software *older and newer so it must be in the settings* causes it to be jagged like the hp and tq curves as well.

Hope this helps!

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived