LegacyGT.com

New Subaru Liberty GTB Prototype

Below is a new Liberty GT Spec B prototype by STI Concept. The car was shown at the Melbourne International Auto Show.

Available from April 08 for AU$65,990 (Sedan). See picture 4 for more details.

Sorry I did not take many pictures, there just too many people around the car. The interior was blacked out (no vision through the windows and the car was locked).

Isn't it a nice looking car? I like the grille. The car looks like the 07 liberty tuned by STI and that's not a bad thing.

I hope you won't mind the pictures as I was using my camera phone, my lovely kodak's battery went flat half way through. Use pictures at your own liberty, no copyright at all.:lol:

IMAGE_569.thumb.jpg.19897bdf17d37be5444e0dbc2e9dff7b.jpg

IMAGE_571.thumb.jpg.208358e42274bfb75855a3193b428cd8.jpg

IMAGE_572.thumb.jpg.67fa7959e69e3f514e262f20f36ae02d.jpg

IMAGE_570.thumb.jpg.c40f3ac8319d167639f0d6da5faeff42.jpg

I cannot read the HP & TQ numbers..too pixelated...

It's 190Kw (at 6,000rpm) and 350Nm (2,800rpm or something like that) of torque. From 5MT/4 speed auto speed STi short shifter tranny and 2.5lt turbo.

It's the best my camera phone could do.

Subaru Australia's marketing deptartment is apparently every bit as inept as the one in the USA. According to them, it's a Prototype Concept due out next month (i.e. they're still not sure what they'll be selling in April)? And their "Recommended Retail Prices" (for a prototype concept?) are for 5MT and 4AT versions? WTF?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49447&d=1204496059

;1746110']Subaru Australia's marketing deptartment is apparently every bit as inept as the one in the USA. According to them, it's a Prototype Concept due out next month (i.e. they're still not sure what they'll be selling in April)? And their "Recommended Retail Prices" (for a prototype concept?) are for 5MT and 4AT versions? WTF?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49447&d=1204496059

They are not sure. I have never seen a prototype that has been "confirmed" for sale, done by a "concept arm". When was the last time a concept had a 4 speed auto?

I had to edit my post, i actually missed out the 4 speed auto/ 5MT. They are kidding, right. They are basically just selling brembo brakes and STi badges on this car for $15,000. I guess I'll keep my blitzen a bit longer.

Tuned by STi:rolleyes:

What? The price?

holy crap that's expensive!!

AU $67,990 = US $63,172.86

:eek:

Welcome to the rip-off otherwise known as the Australian car market. A BMW M3 in Australia is approx AU $150k. Do the math on that one!!! There is something gravely wrong with the prices of new cars in Australia compared to overseas. You guys in the US have it easy!

And - it's available in a wagon version too. I wish SOA would pull their head out into clear air and see that there's a ton of us that want a Legacy wagon (with spice please).

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

correction, everything in AUS is expensive compared to the U.S. And with the american dollar going to shit, aus and the u.s. will be equaled very soon. You guys would probably save money having it shipped from the U.S. and paying the 10k for a right handed conversion, and still have some :lol:
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

is it the same as sti concept from this year tokyo autosalon?

I doubt if it is the same. The interior was blaked out, what were they hidding? They must have had parts shipped from Jap and then put them on a 2.5GT for the show.

Somethings just didn't look right, apart from the price. Only time will tell.

They are not sure. I have never seen a prototype that has been "confirmed" for sale, done by a "concept arm". When was the last time a concept had a 4 speed auto?

I had to edit my post, i actually missed out the 4 speed auto/ 5MT. They are kidding, right. They are basically just selling brembo brakes and STi badges on this car for $15,000. I guess I'll keep my blitzen a bit longer.

Tuned by STi:rolleyes:

What? The price?

The picture of the spec-sheet definitely lists a 5-speed SPORTSHIFT automatic

Go Cardinals!

It's 190Kw (at 6,000rpm) and 350Nm (2,800rpm or something like that) of torque. From 5MT/4 speed auto speed STi short shifter tranny and 2.5lt turbo.

It's the best my camera phone could do.

Which still is short of the Impreza STI which has 221kW/407Nm.

But it's better than the 3.0 liter engine with 180kW/297Nm so I would call it acceptable. :p

453747.png

The picture of the spec-sheet definitely lists a 5-speed SPORTSHIFT automatic

I cropped the picture and blew it up to 162%. Make your own judgement. I believe I can see a 4 below that 5.

IMAGE_570.jpg.5299a86adf3a6d8416220f8088b41a05.jpg

Huh? I see a 5 in the original picture (100% sure about that) but your cropped picture says 4. Have you altered it?!

Look again - It clearly indicates 4-speed Auto in your original picture.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived