LegacyGT.com

Oil pressure light?

My oil pressuer light came on at start up and stayed on for about 5 or 6 miles and then went off. When my wife got home she told me about it and i went out to look when i started the car the light came back on.First thing i did was check the oil and it is full and still clean from the oil change 2 weeks ago. I am thinking oil pump maybe but i dont know what do you guys think?

• I Donated

likely problems with the oil pressure sending unit.

could be a bad oil pump, clogged oil port, bottom end problems, low quality oil, etc.

If that light is on, you should NOT run the car. Lack of oil pressure will destroy the internals of the engine.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

It wouldn't stay on. It'd like come on every now and then. then would turn off @_@ thats why i didn't worry. LOL then On my way to a big job interview it blew. lol. with me driving like a grany cause i was almost out of gas. LOL

• I Donated
If you unplug the sensor, the light will stay on......not stay off....because the ECU will be getting no return signal from it.....and it will assume that there is NO oil pressure at all.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Is there any way to test it without just putting on a new one then? I think it won't matter because i noticed some oil under the car i think i have a bigger problem. But it has been leaking since i had the new motor put in but only for a few minutes after you drive the car don't know if it is related or not.

did you reseal the oil pump and tighten the screws on the back side of the pump when you installed the engine? my guess that is your problem. the screws loosen and back out over time and then the pump does not pump as it should.

is the oil leak from the 2 doo-dads (technical term) hanging down on the very front center of the engine? that is the oil pump.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived