LegacyGT.com

Need input

So after years of reading and lurking on the forums, I have got a new(er) 2008 spec B (once the car has been cleaned i'll have to post up some pics :))...which is making me VERY happy.

This leads me to having to sell my 2005 Legacy 2.5i limited...since I've never sold a car before I was hoping to get some inputs on pricing and prepping for sale. (mods if this is in the wrong forum, can you please move it to the right one?)

At this time I have looked on kbb.com, nada.com, and autotrader(real world selling pricing) and none of them are mixing well together on pricing.

So far I have replaced the following:

new catalytic converter and O2s (cat was leaking prior to primary O2)

new struts all around

the timing belt, idle pulleys, water pump, and thermostat were replaced at 100k along with a antifreeze flush and new alternator.

the oil has been religiously changed in 5k miles intervals with mobile 1 oil and k/n filter, all fluids have been changed on time and according to service manual, i have done all the work on the car myself, and I would consider myself somewhat anal-retentive when it comes to maintenance

all recommendations and criticisms are welcome, and thank you all for comments.

Just take really good pics and lots of them.

The good thing is your vehicle will have much broader appeal than a Legacy GT would.

I found KBB dreams in trying to sell a 2004 WRX wagon in good shape and well maintained with 82k miles. I had limited interest except for buyers looking for an adult owned WRX. But they tried to play low ball. I ended up with edmunds.com private sale pricing and was content.

I threw a feeler out a few months ago for $20,500. There were a couple of biters and that was the average of Nada + KBB + edmunds prices. But I was too lazy to go through the whole process of getting a new car and worrying about reliable issues when I get the new car.

I am sure if you are sincere enough to explain to the buyer that you did all the maintenance yourself. I am sure they would understand.

you know, i completely forgot all about edmunds.com...thank you for reminding me :)

i don't have any of the receipts for the maintenance done, since i do it all myself i just keep track of it and throw the receipts out :(

Did you pay with credit card?

In that case if you can show a decent regular history of car stuff from a car parts store then it's OK too for some buyers.

453747.png

Archived