LegacyGT.com

SOA made a bad situation better

[color=black]Sorry for such a long story, but it has a happy ending for me:) [/color] [color=black]I signed a purchase agreement on 9/1 for my LGT at Sud’s Subaru, VW, Mercedes, and Volvo in [/color][color=black]Normal[/color][color=black], [/color][color=black]IL[/color][color=black] and gave them a check for $500. They called me the next morning and told me that we were $1000 away from closing the deal on my car. The sales manager wouldn’t approve the amount for my trade in. He signed the Purchase agreement the night before! He told me "Sorry, I don’t make loser deals" I emailed SOA with a long explanation and how I couldn't believe that $1000 was going to keep me from the car my family wants. I returned to the dealer and got my $500 back and politically correctly told them where to go. [/color] [color=black]Preapproved from my credit union and dying to get rid of my 12 year old car. I went and test drove the White EVO that I had also been considering. I drove the EVO around and I just couldn't spend the money on a car that might not have dealership support in the coming years, and the interior played a big part to! I live about 10 miles from where the Gallant and Eclipses are built and Mitsubishi struggles are front page news around here.[/color] [color=black]I called the Subaru dealership and told them I would take less for my trade in if I took the 18"wheels off it and put the stock ones back on. They said no, well, told me the pricing had gone up on the LGT, all kinds of crap. They finally agreed and I got my car ordered for $300 over invoice, $1000 less for my trade-in but I did get to take the 18’s off and put the 16 back on.[/color] [color=black]I heard back from SOA and they had called and talked to the Sales Manager several times and offered to send me a check for $500 if I mailed them a Bill of Sale for a new Subaru. Well, 12/11 I got the check in the mail from Subaru and I have had my car since the last week in September. It took awhile to get the check, but it was sent with a nice letter stating I hope with this gesture from Subaru you will have faith in us and our product and apologized for there dealership. I am now a little happier with my car buying experience.:rolleyes: [/color] [color=black]Got a nice set of 18" polished Corvette Z-06 nockoffs with 275/35 Kumho's in the garage if anyone wants to make me an offer. Please![/color] [color=black][url="http://www.afswheels.com/v2/ecommerce/shopexd.asp?id=106"]http://www.afswheels.com/v2/ecommerce/shopexd.asp?id=106[/url][/color]

glad to hear they are standing behind their product... Had i been in the same situation, i can certainly tell you that dealer would NOT have gotten my business, no matter how they tried to rectify themselves. It probably isn't much to them, but for nothing more than to prove a point, i would have gone somewhere else.

If your ever in Central Illinois look me up. I think there are enough country roads around here we could race for who buys lunch.:D I am trying like hell not to order an Access Port today! I have to wait until I get a few miles on the car cause I am one of the guys with SCS (Stinky Clutch Syndrome) :rolleyes: [quote name='liquidiq']So with your newfound wealth, you gonna buy me some lunch? I'm hungraY! Good to know that SOA was backin' you up.[/QUOTE]

They told me they could order a LGT it in two weeks, the nearest dealer said 8-10 weeks and scratched their heads when I told them that an other dealership can get order me any LGT in 2 weeks. The car took 2 1/2 weeks! [quote name='D-2.5-GT']glad to hear they are standing behind their product... Had i been in the same situation, i can certainly tell you that dealer would NOT have gotten my business, no matter how they tried to rectify themselves. It probably isn't much to them, but for nothing more than to prove a point, i would have gone somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

I think SOA does a good job with customer service as far as I'm concerned. I was angry about the treatment that I was receiving from the dealership and I made sure that I treated SOA respectfully since they didn't cause my problem, and they did a good job making this customer happy! Now their tech support, or lack of, is something I think they need to work on. I contacted them on the dyno oil/synthtec oil issue and they didn't do a good job anwsering those questions. [quote name='gtguy']Nice to hear, NewScooby. But hey, does this mean that contrary to what too many people assert, that SOA isn't terrible, and out to get us all? :lol: Kevin[/QUOTE]

Dear subaru of america. Since hearing of the story about "newscooby" in which he has received $500 for being a new subaru costumer; what can you do for me? my first subaru was a outback sport, the second a L.L. Bean outback wagon, the third a wrb wrx sedan, and my new love is the one of the seven, 2005, 3.0r (garnet red pearl) sent to your new england dealers. since i'm on my fourth subaru i surely have proven my loyalty. i will be expecting a check for $2,000 to cover all four subaru's. please send the check in time for christmas. thank you for your help in this matter. red beast p.s. in lieu of the $2,000 i will except a free turbo install on my h6. :D

Archived