LegacyGT.com

Install Help???

Abandonhope16

I'm assuming you're main concern is tapping into and routing the vacuum line?.. once you get that done, the only thing left is figure out where you're going to get power from - which isn't too bad.

If you haven't tackled it by this weekend I can give you a hand... You've got the prosport gauge, right? I'm curious to see how it looks. I ordered mine in the group buy but recieved the wrong color (the hyper blue instead of amber) -- looked close enough to what i wanted that I didnt bother returning it.

Yeah, its the prosport. Pretty much concerned about running and connecting any wires/tubes.

Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate it. I'll let you know. I'd probably try for something on Saturday morning b/c I'm going to have to be up early anyway.

i got a very cheap column mount off of ebay... Looks kind of ghetto (very minimalistic) but whatever.. i'm cool with it. ANd i've decided i'm not going to put any more money into the car unless it's for maintenance reasons... at least for now.

I installed my boost gauge today. All in all, it took less than an hour to install. It was a VERY simple install. It just took me awhile because I didn't have all the parts I needed the first time I started the install, and I was looking for different ways to route the vac line through the firewall.

yeah - you will need a longer peice of tubing -- I went to autozone and they have a large selection of vacuum hose to choose from. (black rubbery tubing - not clear like the stuff that comes with the gauge)

I can't remember which diamter i went with - but it's got to be small enough to fit snug on the gauge..

I tried Advance and they didnt have anything. I even tried Home Depot b/c it was relatively close and they had the tubing that is typically used for friges, which I guess could techically work; but the inside diameter was a little bigger and the wall was a little thinner. So to be safe I want to go with something as close to what I was supplied with as possible. Too bad the closest Autozone is 20ish miles away from me. For some reason we only have these small auto parts stores around me with a relatively limited selection.

I've got a major swap coming up - taking off my FMIC and doing a turbo and injector swap. will be in my garage in DC, probably mostly on the weekend of Sept. 10th. I'll post about it closer to the date, but if anyone is interested in helping out, free food and beer for you!
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

anybody else have anything they're sitting on waiting to install?

I need to regrease my MSI endlinks, install my AVO pod and Prosport gauge, and install my Whiteline steering rack bushings once I pay Highwaydrifter and get them from PatagonianGT. :icon_bigg

heh.. yeah the garage helps. I've got the garage (although, i'm not sure that a car could actually fit in it) -- but i've got no tools... another necessity... :(

i'm looking forward to having another full fledged install day this fall once things cool down a bit.... hopefully Steve will be up for hosting again. (steve's the man and his house rocks.. i just want to move in to his garage :) )

Finally got the vac hose. It only took 4 Advance Auto Parts and a trip to Germantown md. Everything fits snuggly, I'm just hoping its not too thin/small; ie the air will be able to pass through without creating too much pressure, causing the tube to burst. I hope. Anyway, I got 7/64; may be a bit smaller than the one the gauge came with.

Archived