LegacyGT.com

I need your opinion!

:) Hey, my boyfriend bought a legacy GT. I would like to get something nice but not SO expensive for his car for x-mas. I know nothing when it comes to cars and would like to learn more about them. Could someone offer some advice on what I could buy? Thanks! Lizzie

short shifter ~ $100

panel filter ~ $40+

sway bars ~ $125+ / each

strut tower bar ~ depends on type and construction

STi pedals ~ $100

shift knob ~ as much or as little as you want

all weather floor mats ~ $45

Lots of good options which won't break the bank and leave some room for other gifts as well.

If it were me, i'd look for the shifter, pedals, or floormats. All good choices which aren't too expensive, but look good and provide some usefull features.

Questions:

- Do you want something to improve how fast it goes(Engine/Turbo)? How fast it stops(Brakes) ? How it sounds(Exhaust)? How it feels driving in it(Suspension)? How it looks outside and/or inside (Accessories)? Are there any issues/nit picks with the car that he talks about or sometimes mentions and thinks about improving?

- Do you want something/modification that the dealer cannot use as an excuse to deny warranty if detected? Do you want a warranty-safe modification?

- Do you care if he gets the mod bug/money pit? Will you be jealous if he spends time with the car?

- Do you mind if the part needs professional installation or would you it prefer it be user-installable without the need to get new tools ?

- Does he drive spiritedly?

I keed I keeed

OK guys... keep it clean.

If in reference to my earlier comment, I meant pictures of the car. Doesn't everyone have sexy pictures of there car pasted all over the dash, so they can remember how cool the car looks from the outside?

I think that this is not a girl. I think it is someone like "whoismike", or maybe one of those Jedi type fellows............or maybe that gt ltd person or .........

definitely not a mod though

I watch a lot of TV

This is not my beautiful car.

Yeah, that's a hard one to answer for someone else, especially not knowing your budget. My personal choice at a reasonable price would be a rear sway bar, available at AVO for $190. But that's only because I already have an uppipe and stainless brake lines. For less money you can get taillight tint, guages, pedals, or factory add-ons like the subwoofer or short throw shifter.

If he's an active member on here do a search on all of his posts to see what he's interested in.

I think you should give him something that is noticeable from the outside. A set of HIDs is a great X'mas present and it costs $300-$500 depending what kind you get. If you really want to show your affection, get him a set of Prodrive GC-10 or Advan RS 18 inch wheels! This will set you back a couple of grand and change. Add another $1K for tires.

Archived