LegacyGT.com

Trouble code "ILL"

well broke in my car to the specified spec, driving the car down the high way around 130kms/h and my odometer will change and say "ILL." i easyed off the throttle and continued to drive the car where ever i had to go. I parked the car for about 4 hours, got back into the car to start it and there was the trouble code again.

Anybody know what it is? I just called the subaru dealership and spoke to one of their mech and he had no clue what so ever.

please and thank you, dont flame me for grammer and whatever else

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well broke in my car to the specified spec, driving the car down the high way around 130kms/h and my odometer will change and say "ILL." i easyed off the throttle and continued to drive the car where ever i had to go. I parked the car for about 4 hours, got back into the car to start it and there was the trouble code again.

Anybody know what it is? I just called the subaru dealership and spoke to one of their mech and he had no clue what so ever.

please and thank you, dont flame me for grammer and whatever else

Maybe an illumination issue such as a headlight or blinker bulb? Check all your lights..You never know.

Also, check your manual..

I suggest searching before you post because unlike with some problems you will find an answer to this.

Only happened once to me and that was because I kneed my dash illumination dial getting in my car somehow. It was between settings and kept jumping around. I just clicked it to 5 and back to 6 and haven't had trouble since.

If Subaru had a clue they would change the code to say "DIM" or something else and not use "ILL"

Or at the very least issue a bulletin to tell all dealers to inform the customer on delivery what the heck ILL stands for.

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

:lol: really thanks guys you made a huge fuss over nothing.

next time ill search if i remember

See what you started. You must have an "ILLness".:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I suggest searching before you post because unlike with some problems you will find an answer to this.

Only happened once to me and that was because I kneed my dash illumination dial getting in my car somehow. It was between settings and kept jumping around. I just clicked it to 5 and back to 6 and haven't had trouble since.

I love how everyone says to search for the 'answer', but the only thing that I'm finding is:

1. Your knee is hitting the button.

2. The roll-button is between settings.

3. Do a search for the answer.

I'm 5'10" and there is *no way* that my knee is hitting the button while I'm driving, nor is the roll-button stuck between settings because when it happens, I roll it up (or down) and then it happens again tomorrow. It's an obvious electrical problem that *many* Subie owners are experiencing (per this forum). I'm sure that if all of us who have posted here regarding this issue took our cars to the dealer, they either; a) wouldn't see the problem occur and we would get laughed out of the shop or; b) the dealer would contact SOA to have them look into it further.

Any suggestions on how to contact SOA about this issue? I'm not too concerned about getting the ILL.6 problem fixed coz I'm leasing, but what's the possibilities of an electrical / dash-fire???

Just my 2 "sense" worth....

Zim

Archived