LegacyGT.com

Anyone reattach the carpet hook themselves?

I have read the numerous posts about people being annoyed by the driver's side carpet hook coming off so easily and never really experienced the problem myself...until today. I was at the car wash and they musts have just ripped the carpet out and OFF came the hook. There's really not much underneath it and it's all plastic. I was thinking of just crazy gluing it back on with Krazyglue or something strong, but I figured I should see if anyone else here has attached it themselves and how they did it. If it could save me a trip to the dealer and leaving it for the whole day for something so minor, I'd prefer to do it myself.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The original hook's design is bad, I went to dealer and they installed a new one with a better design. There is a technical service bulletin out about this issue. Just call up your dealer and tell him your carpet hook came off, make sure he orders the new part and schedule a service appointment after the part arrives, call ahead to make sure the part arrived.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

The old one can be re-attached by poking an ice pick through the carpet and using it to support the bottom piece when snapping the top piece back in place. I did that the 1st time the hook snapped off. It is pointless though since it will only get knocked off again. I don't yet have the new style hook, and yes the hook snapped off again after I fixed it.

Just went to the dealer now for them to order it. I brought a picture of the new hook posted on here (thank you whoever posted it!!!) and they had NO idea what I was talking about. Then I spoke with the girl behind the parts counter and asked if I can see the part on their parts graphical ordering system. She seemed confused so I just let it be. I'll wait and see when the part comes in and HOPEFULLY SOA has changed the part number universally and the new hook comes in.:confused:

Archived