LegacyGT.com

5th Gen - Tricks and tweaks

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For us '13 owners with Nav wanting to do the parking brake mod......not possible :mad:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-present/49531-2013-navigation-hack-bad-news.html

The new unit uses the speed sensor as it's safety.

Here is a link for screen shots of the unit used in the outback & legacy from an aftermarket audio/security shop.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/69-audio-video-security-navigation/51879-2013-outback-limited-navigation-fujitsu-ten-eclipise-unit-found-2.html#post499680

I wanted to throw a correction out there for the seatbelt minder thing...

Yes, I read the 40 pages of how to do it. Yes, I read the Gen 4. Yes, I read 400 people saying "do a search! Do a search! WAAAAH!"

But here's the issue:

People say to put it in the ACC position. NO!!!! WRONG!

The ACC position is the first click forward. Radio goes on. But that's not the position.

You must have it in the ON position, which is the click just before ignition. The fan goes on, dash lights up. THAT is the position it should be in.

So, definitively...

HOW TO DISABLE SEATBELT CHIME IN A 2013 LEGACY

1) Put the key in

2) Turn to the ON position

3) Quickly insert to click in and then unclick. Do that 20 times+ FAST.

4) Turn key to off

5) Start car.

If it worked, the seatbelt light and chime won't function.

If it didn't work, seatbelt guy is still illuminated after 3 seconds or so. TRY AGAIN!

• 3 weeks later...
I wanted to throw a correction out there for the seatbelt minder thing...

HOW TO DISABLE SEATBELT CHIME IN A 2013 LEGACY

1) Put the key in

2) Turn to the ON position

3) Quickly insert to click in and then unclick. Do that 20 times+ FAST.

4) Turn key to off

5) Start car.

If it worked, the seatbelt light and chime won't function.

If it didn't work, seatbelt guy is still illuminated after 3 seconds or so. TRY AGAIN!

Subaru says it will reset after you cycle the ignition though, is that still true?

• 4 weeks later...
Uh, so when you have the key in ACC (not ignition) and you tap through the trip meter button, you'll get A, B, and then 1 and 2, which are by default on. You can turn it off by holding the trip button, but I didn't notice anything different. Anyone know what these values are?

Uh, so when you have the key in ACC (not ignition) and you tap through the trip meter button, you'll get A, B, and then 1 and 2, which are by default on. You can turn it off by holding the trip button, but I didn't notice anything different. Anyone know what these values are?

One of the two turns off the gear indicator on the manual transmission models if I remember correctly, along with the shift arrows (which I have never seen come on). I think the other one turns off the pre-start gauge sweep, maybe...

One of the two turns off the gear indicator on the manual transmission models if I remember correctly, along with the shift arrows (which I have never seen come on). I think the other one turns off the pre-start gauge sweep, maybe...

Right on both counts. Thanks buddy. Any chance you know what the 3rd option inthe headlight/trip meter button trick is? 1st is mpg adjust, 2nd is outside temp, 3rd...?

• 5 weeks later...

RacerX TMIC

Wanted to share a maintenance tip with the forum.

I've taken my RacerX TMIC on and off my car any number of times ...

and noticed clearance is very tight between TMIC and Clutch main control cylinder assembly (see photo).

To protect the TMIC from damage during installation I insert two (2) pieces of cardboard on top of clutch control cylinder. For removal of the TMIC I slip the cardboard in from underneath the car.

Remember to remove the cardboard after you have completed work on the TMIC. ;):lol:

I find this simple precaution helps when wrestling the TMIC into the proper fitment location, especially if you have removed the throttle body connector hose.

RacerX_clearance.thumb.jpg.c3fcde297d303e6255134841a78ea876.jpg

IMG_0207.thumb.jpg.ca3729fd9e02c07f7173a037dc51986b.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I tried a search for this topic so my apologies if it has already been discussed.

I have a MY2010 LGT with the Keyless entry and start.

Is there any way I can modify the shut down sequence?

With a key you can shut the engine off and go back to Acc without killing all the power to the radio, bluetooth phone etc.

With the Keyless system it just shuts everything off when you press the start/stop button.

The dealer told me the Auto's can shutdown while in drive and still have Acc power.

He said the only option was to stall the engine, or let it idle if I want the same result in the 6 speed.

I can go through Acc on the way to Start and would like to go through the same sequence on the shutdown process. (I always seem to be on the phone when I pull up somewhere)

It's driving me nuts!!!

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
In other keyless systems if you press the button w/o your foot on the brake it turns everything on. In my other car a short push is on. Long push is acc. Long push with foot on brake is start the engine. Not sure if Subaru mech'd it the same.

• 1 month later...

Anyone considering replacing the rubber OEM exhaust hangers should look at the Kartboy 12mm Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers. You will need five (5) on a 5th Gen LGT.

I used a exhaust hanger tool to remove the old OEM ones (well worth it if you can source one).

The trick to an easy install of the stiffer Kartboys, for me, was to dump them into a bucket of hot water to soften them up. I used a small dab of white lithium grease on the ends of the hangers, and was able to push them on by hand without any drama.

Anyone considering replacing the rubber OEM exhaust hangers should look at the Kartboy 12mm Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers. You will need five (5) on a 5th Gen LGT.

I used a exhaust hanger tool to remove the old OEM ones (well worth it if you can source one).

The trick to an easy install of the stiffer Kartboys, for me, was to dump them into a bucket of hot water to soften them up. I used a small dab of white lithium grease on the ends of the hangers, and was able to push them on by hand without any drama.

They sell a short, long, and standard version of the 12mm hanger. What did you use for the 5th gen lgt? And was it stock exhaust or aftermarket. I would imagine the long ones would let aftermarket drop a little for a large diameter muffler.

Kartboy Exhaust Hanger 12mm Single (BLACK)

http://www2.kartboy.com/x4/image.php?type=P&id=16163

Kartboy Exhaust Hanger Single 12 mm (BLACK) 08+ Subaru Imprezas

12mm is the diameter of the center holes. 1.400" C-C

Details

SKU KB-011-BLACK-12mm

• 4 weeks later...

I have realized that the top of the dashboard reflects quite a bit of sunlight, to the level that it puts some strain on the eyes since it's in turn reflected in the windscreen.

Right now I have put a black towel on the dashboard above the instrument panel and it makes a huge difference, but it also looks a bit odd. :p

453747.png

I have realized that the top of the dashboard reflects quite a bit of sunlight, to the level that it puts some strain on the eyes since it's in turn reflected in the windscreen.

Right now I have put a black towel on the dashboard above the instrument panel and it makes a huge difference, but it also looks a bit odd. :p

http://www.dashmat.com/index.html