LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got around to installing mine. The rails took a bit of convincing but it was a very good/snug fit. And BarManBean was even nice enough to include a couple extra SS zip ties for me because I'm all the way up here in Canada, and he even followed up with an E-mail to make sure I got my package. Also the instructions were top notch and very thorough.

If you are not buying an aftermarket TMIC, I think pretty much everyone should get this mod. I installed this because I am planning to go either stage 1 or 2 soon, but even at stock levels I noticed a bit of separation on my TMIC.

And BarManBean was even nice enough to include a couple extra SS zip ties for me because I'm all the way up here in Canada

^yeah. Especially knowing that I busted the first one that I installed. Luckily there were extra zip ties.

FYI, I'm currently getting an 18G Cryotune e-tune using a bullet proof kit. Not sure if I'll get the tune completed in the next couple weeks as Dave (cryotune) is going on vacation. He can chime in once we're wrapped up to see how the TMIC handles 18G boost. Worst case I upgrade to another TMIC, but hey, in the name of science, right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Just ordered up a kit! Currently running 18 PSI on a 16G and the tabs are starting to bend out a bit, so I want to catch it before it blows completely apart.

Shipping label printed, you should have an email with tracking info. Thanks for the order, your kit will go out tomorrow!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Got the kit installed this weekend. Everything arrived in great shape, and was super easy to install. The short, front side near the turbo was a bit worse than I thought, so hopefully I caught it in time by installing this kit.

Very satisfied - thanks!

• Moderators
Occasional lurker. First post.

Just ordered a kit like two minutes ago! Had to upgrade the outback turbo after it blew. Looking to e85 and tune along with it.

Welcome :) Your kit will ship out tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
What's the advantage to this kit over, say, JB Welding the entire perimeter of the intercooler? Not knocking or anything, just curious since JB Weld is strong stuff and will seal gaps at the same time.

Advantages:

-This kit has been proven with fairly large / aggressive setups

-Install is cleaner

-Install is permanent

-Sale of a bullet-proofed TMIC is easily completed, no one really wants a JB welded one.

AFAIK, a TMIC is not the proper application for JB weld. It hardens so hard that it doesn't handle everyday vibrations well and it's just a matter of time before it fails. Regarding JB well sealing any gaps, I can virtually guarantee that if this fact comes into play your TMIC is not going to be repaired for any length of time by using JB weld.

That said, a pack of JB weld runs about $7 so go for it :)