LegacyGT.com

Interesting find, some features adjustable via scan tool

I was messing around today with my scan tool and discovered I can change some settings via the obdii port. Auto lock, auto lock time, siren with lock / unlock, siren on alarm event etc. Kinda neat.

Photos to follow

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

I tested functionality by getting into Answer back buzzer and disabling it. Then I locked / unlocked and sure enough, no more chirping. I went into a few others and changed them and they did change. Kinda neat.

If only disable DRL was in there, along with one click to unlock all doors. Dang.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Welcome to LGT and as a new poster, you've already contributed some good information. Which brand of scan tool do you have? I've not seen those particular screens although my scan tool is pretty old. I would like to purchase the same tool that you have because I can see a LOT of benefit from being able to adjust most of the things that show up.

As for the a walk through on how to disable the DRL, look here and you'll find out the easy way to disable them:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/drl-disable-10-minutes-2117.html?t=2117

This is located in the top section of the forums called "Compilation of cheap and/or free Legacy mods" and you'll find a good amount of information on there for easy and inexpensive mods that will make your Legacy more to your liking. Read through it and I think you'll enjoy the information.

:)

I tested functionality by getting into Answer back buzzer and disabling it. Then I locked / unlocked and sure enough, no more chirping. I went into a few others and changed them and they did change. Kinda neat.

If only disable DRL was in there, along with one click to unlock all doors. Dang.

The DRL main beams are solved through hardware, not a software setting as far as I have discovered at least.

B.t.w. any info on where to get that particular software?

453747.png

It's called the Launch Diagun handheld diag too. You can find clones on ebay for about $800 or so.

The Diagun looks exactly like this, I paid about $900 a few years ago "surely a clone" but works fine.

I was just trying to see if I could disable DRL via software. I haven't digged into it at all but if the DRL module is driven from the BCM then it could have potentially been do-able.

I tried unplugging that white connector on the DRL box but my lights stayed on. I didn't dig into it too much but will look into it more later. Maybe I was pulling the wrong plug.

There were 2 connectors on it, white and black. I pulled the white one.

I studied the heated seat diagram last night, the only thing that drives the seat is the switch assembly. I'm going to take it apart sometime soon and see if I can modify it so the high setting stays on a little longer before cycling.

Archived