LegacyGT.com

Curious

we never got a 2.0 spec B

but if im understanding you correctly..

same reason why theres more reg wrx owners than sti.

cheaper, lower trims usually outsell the big $$$ ones by a large margin.

car for sale. PM me!

hi all, im new here and was hoping to find many spec b owners here. but guess im wrong.... so why are there just so few 2.0 spec b owners here while it seems that this place is owned by 2.5GT? :lol:

Welcome. But what the heck does this mean exactly "im new here and was hoping to find many spec b owners here. but guess im wrong?" There are dozens if not hundreds of spec B owners on this forum. Find? Like buy? ...or find like associate with? Confused...

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

ic... i guess u guys may have better luck importing your dream car urself through ur local importer rather den through the authorised dealer.

It's not very feasible for most cars that we would want. The US regulation is such that you will need to have the imported car meet Fed standards in order to register the car. The expense incurred with the federalization is usually not worth it. After everything is said and done you could buy a better car that's already for sale with all the money you spent.

The problem with spec B is that just about everything that are different between spec B and LGT can be addressed by the aftermarket with better price/performance. The only real exception is the 6-spd transmission. For most people that's into doing mods themselves, that would be most of people on this board, the spec B is just not worth the $4k+ premium.

ic... i guess u guys may have better luck importing your dream car urself through ur local importer rather den through the authorised dealer.

:confused: Who's dream car? What would make a 2.0 specB a dream car, is it much better than a 2.5? Where are you from?

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Welcome. But what the heck does this mean exactly "im new here and was hoping to find many spec b owners here. but guess im wrong?" There are dozens if not hundreds of spec B owners on this forum. Find? Like buy? ...or find like associate with? Confused...

:lol: i do hope we are on common language here... u r making me confused with ur question too

let's just hope that my following posts will shed some light @ what im driving at and hopefully explains my perplexing question

It's not very feasible for most cars that we would want. The US regulation is such that you will need to have the imported car meet Fed standards in order to register the car. The expense incurred with the federalization is usually not worth it. After everything is said and done you could buy a better car that's already for sale with all the money you spent.

The problem with spec B is that just about everything that are different between spec B and LGT can be addressed by the aftermarket with better price/performance. The only real exception is the 6-spd transmission. For most people that's into doing mods themselves, that would be most of people on this board, the spec B is just not worth the $4k+ premium.

chenc544, u have probably answered whatever i needed to know!! and i guess that really explains why i just couldnt find as many spec b owners compared to the gt in here ;). back in singapore where im from, cars do not come cheap in an attempt by the government to try to regulate the number of cars on such a tiny island. people are however importing cars (through a local import agent) of all builds and sizes that fancy their eyes and desires. it acutally costs abt 10 grand cheaper than what the dealerships are offering (if they have the models at all). so u can imagine the savings one could save. just to name a few of the all time favourites - golf gti, honda type r, evo 9 RS, evo 10, honda euro r, legacy spec b, etc (mostly japs)

we do not have much run in with the law as most imported cars (japan especially) conform to euro II standards.

hi all, im new here and was hoping to find many spec b owners here. but guess im wrong.... so why are there just so few 2.0 spec b owners here while it seems that this place is owned by 2.5GT? :lol:

The spec b is simply too much power and performance for most of us to handle.

:confused: Who's dream car? What would make a 2.0 specB a dream car, is it much better than a 2.5? Where are you from?

:attention: i did not specifically mention that the 2.0 spec b makes a dream car.

anyway since u asked... the stock 2.0gt spec b comes in bilstein shocks (w/o 'pink' springs) with 5AT (260PS) or 6MT (280PS) option & twin scroll turbo (lesser lag) whereas the 2.5gt offers only 250PS with single scroll turbo and normal shocks. the above are strictly based on the asian specs and may differ from US/UK specs.

for singapore, we pay higher road tax for higher capacity cars. so if u ask me, yah the 2.0 spec b is very very much better than a 2.5 considering we can save about $400 to 500 in annual road tax and even possible lower insurance in returns for the higher specs. however, dream car? far from it still...

lastly, 2.5GT or 2.0 spec b.... the legacy is a great car and im in :wub: with it. checkout my photo contribution @ http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1502&page=104

Archived