LegacyGT.com

Cheapest way to lower a BH

LegaWaga

Ok, flame suit is on already for this thread. First off, I am NOT going to cut my springs, even though that is the cheapest way to lower things. This is my dd, so performance is not top priority, although, spirited drives to occur on occasion.

Two main questions here:

1) Anyone ever used the ebay springs here - http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-01-02-03-Subaru-Legacy-Brand-New-Lowering-Coilover-Springs-Set-4-/150666956952?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ALegacy&vxp=mtr&hash=item2314735098

2) Will any impreza parts swap over to the BHs like the older models will?

Thanks in advance!

dunno about impreza parts....

yes, those are cheap. will they work, probably. work well, duno. no idea what spring rate they are, and that will worry me, especially if you have original struts... but if that is irrelevant, so it. dunno anything cheaper. however, I wouldnt.

How many miles on your current setup? Prolly a lot, I say swap it all out while your in there. Not the cheapest, but it'll ride like new.

This is what I've found over the last say, 8 months.

KYB Gr-2 shocks/struts all around, about 225-275 depending on source, Amazon's been the cheapest thus far.

H&R springs, 207-275 depending on where you find them, Ebay's been the cheapest 207 plus shipping. Found them w/o box at one point for $99 but chickened out.

Front top hats from Impreza for the new shocks, $12 apiece from Subaru.

$500 plus install unless you do it. Ride is going to be close to OEM, slightly stiffer, about a 1.5 front and 1.2 drop in the rear.

~B

Archived