LegacyGT.com

Wheels for Outback - new suspension

phildog33

hey guys,

I just put KYB shocks and Rallitek (overload) rear springs on my Outback

And im really happy with the ride,, especially with the Whiteline F and R swaybars

SO I need some good all weather tires and wheels to put on.

I want to put the larget size and biggest offset I can.

What can fit on the outback, now that I have the heavy duty suspension

18s?

255?

What do you think is good for all year.. I dont have space unfortunately to keep summer and winter tires

P

• Mega Users

I'm still very unfamiliar with what will fit since this car is new to me, but I'm going to be in a similar situation tire wise. From my research the two best AS tires that can handle a bit of winter are the Continental Extreme contact DWS and the Nokian WRG2. That is if you will deal with a good amount of snow in winter. The Nokians seems to be a bit better in snow, while the DWS will be better in wet.

18s would definitely fit with the wheel gap we have. I'm not sure about the tire width or offset though...I've got a lot of shit to do before I get rims.

thats great research, thanks Seabass.

For New York snow and AS tires... what would you recommend, the Nokians or the Continental Extreme?

We have a lit bit of every condition here

(PS thanks for all the suspension, springs and etc recommendations last month.. my outback is really really happy now.. thnsk man)

• Mega Users

I'm in the same dilemma. I'll be going to the seattle area, so I'm leaning towards the continental. But I'm still up in the air...I won't be doing this until Feb.

Just decide whether you want the top performance to lean towards snow or rain...which do you get more of.

• 3 months later...
18 x 8 Rota w/ 245-45-18 on my (wife's) OBXT

Pics?

For tires, I really like the Pilot Sport A/S Plus.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, the winter is coming up again and I didnt buy any wheels yet. Can anyone chime in on good All Season tires for New York/East Coast driving.

I want to get something fairly sporty, but im not able to take off and switch tires for the winter

Thanks for responding and helping

IM looking for 18s and the biggest size and largest offset I can do

P

What year outback? If you want to retain some back/off road ability I wouldn't go any larger than 17" IMO. If you are lowered and this is strictly a street car then 18" are fine.

17" looks great on 2nd gen Legacies/1st gen Outbacks! The tire size is slightly off as these my winter setup for my 06.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/43fd9b9a-96c1-a171.jpg

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Mine is a 2005 Outback XT, and i put new suspension on it and bigger coil overs and handling... so that i can definitely take it out places

You dont recommend 18" wheels for people going snowboarding or into bad weather?

i wanted something big, with a big offset, but also all weather tires and good for exploring in the Suby

what do you recommend, only 17" for outback guys?

p

You have bigger tires than us Legacy guys, but there certainly isn't enough rubber on my 18"s to handle anything more than pavement.

Since your suspension could likely handle a bigger than stock tire you might be able to get away with a larger 18" tire.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived