LegacyGT.com

Junk in the Trunk

skibob6

Hey everyone,

Ok so im hoping no one else posted a whole thread about this because i didnt look too far back into the old dead ones.

what im wondering, is if anybody has a solution for the infamous trunk rattle from a sub-woofer. I've already determined that some of the noise is coming from my "wing" which i plan on taking apart and filling with expanding insulation foam; but i want to eliminate all of the rattling that my rear deck does. I want it to sound good in the car and not sound like crap outside...

Have you thought about getting some Dynamat? Its kinda pricey but one of the best sound dampening product out there.

Is the rattle coming from your license plate maybe? I got a Dynmat license plate holder and it got rid of that annoying noise. Theyre pretty cheap, think I got it for like $25 on eBay.

http://www.dynamat.com/

I know its not coming from my license plate, Unlike most cars we have four screws to hold it instead of just two, so im pretty sure it isnt that. I'm going to dynamat the whole trunk eventually but i really want to eliminate all of the vibration in my trunk and i dont think sound deadening is going to solve that. I know dynamat will make it sound better but im wondering if theres any better latching options, or maybe i just need to adjust the stock latch and add some Foam insulation around the trunk opening?

Have you considered installing the subwoofer in a fashion that does not allow it to play in the trunk cavity? It wouldn't rattle the trunk if it were sealed off and only allowed to play into the cabin. At your house, would you stick your subwoofer in the closet, close the door and expect good results?

Dynamat the crap out of your trunk lid. Hope for the best.

Keep applying more until you eliminate the vibrations.

I too DESPISE vibrations caused by my car stereos. As a teen I used to steal my mom's hand towels and jam them in between panels to eliminate rattles.:lol:

Beach towels were simply too big to fit in the cracks.

Im pretty sure i have the wing problem solved. I'm also pretty sure that dynamat will make a huge difference for actual sound leaking through, But i really, really , want to make my trunk lid stop vibrating so intensely. My one option for relocating my subwoofer isn't really feasible; Its called unlimited Baffle, and it basically turns your whole trunk into a box by mounting it on the rear package tray between the two rear speakers.

First of all im not cutting a 12" hole anywhere in my car and secondly i dont think it would really sound that much better in the car.

Oh and just a side-note my Sunroof rails are vibrating in the roof, Does anyone know how to remove the headliner so i can secure the tracks?

I know for the rear dash I just threw mine out and dynamatted(new word i made just now) the back dash. Top and bottom. And boy did it make a difference. I did carpet the back dash of course I didnt leave it. But dynomat can only do so much then its useless heres my example heres my old civic that i did sound competitions with. I also have a comparison of dynamat before and after install.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5S5vz2u8Do]YouTube- ‪Got Trunk Flex?‬‎[/ame]

It didnt let me embed it so heres the link

Archived