LegacyGT.com

Perrin Sway Bar Vibration

Alright. So the other day I installed my Perrin Sway Bars on my 09 2.5i. They're both 22mm, and I installed the rear a day before and loved it, although the back kicked out pretty easily because of the difference in stiffness.

Anyway, to get to the point, I installed the front and I really loved driving however, I noticed when I started in 1st, something felt like it was vibrating, especially on hills, it sounded pretty miserable. So I looked under the front, and it looks like it's hitting part of the headers(?), and I guess when I start in 1st it vibrates and hits the bar. Anyone have this problem or know how to remedy it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well judging from your problem I can tell you that the PErrin bar is made for the LGT which has a smaller profile exhaust manifold. That is the reason for the knock/vibration. to fix this issue you can employ a few simple things. You can wrap the sway bar section where it touches with thermo wrap a few times this will keep the heat from damaging the coating on the bar and dampen the vibration so that it isnt audible. Or you could try to bend the bar slightly so it doesnt touch but that isn't recommended it may cause issues with your end links.

Go to the auto store get some thermo or heat wrap and see if that helps your problem

Archived