LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

The cabin is developing some rattles that drive me nuts. There is also a slight clunk over the right bumps. Everything suspension wise is tight though.

Cold weather has made my rattles worse, especially the one where the dash meets the driver's side A-pillar. I've found (well, actually stumbled across the suggestion on this forum) that running the windshield defroster seems to help with that one. I guess the extra heat causes enough expansion to tighten things up.

I've got one that comes from the backseat area, which rattles with music, since I've got that bumpin OEM subwoofer.

I'd be checking that turbo. i'm on number 3 now. replaced each of them around 100k miles. the 2nd had over 118k on it I think and it prolly had another week before it went.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I'm still on the original motor & turbo. See sig. below for details:cool:

yah, yah....original motor here too. how are you on the original turbo still??

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

yah, yah....original motor here too. how are you on the original turbo still??

Copy/Paste from other threads;

This;

Want your turbo to last as long as your motor. In short, check you oil level often & top as needed. Use whatever oil & filter that will protect for the OCI's your running. OA's is the only way you know that your oil & filter is up for the challenge. After that IMO no OA's are needed.

Mike

And this;

Yes the filters + the oil line add 2 qts. Mine always took 5qts. to fill. Just above the full line. Now take 7qt.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ons-81741.html

Pics with fender & bumper cover removed when I installed the RacerX FMIC.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/Subaru/th_0920112213b.jpg http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/Subaru/th_0920112213a.jpghttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/Subaru/th_0920112213.jpg

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Yeah - the neutral position detent gets gummed sometimes on these and then the switch gear doesn't return to "off". I always check it when I use it.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

My wagon just turned 181818 miles on the drive to work today. Going to VT in the snow storm after work, car runs great. But it should...$$$$$

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Original turbo? If so, did you inspect it while installing Stage 2 parts, and how did it look?

I bought the car at 125,000...but it was single owner, had almost all service records, and there was no record of a turbo replacement so who knows. I did inspect it when replacing the dp and there was no shaftplay/bent fins, I wouldnt be too surprised if it hasn't been replaced, the previous owner was an extremely modest senior just looking for a car good in the snow; probably never went over 10psi lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

about to drop some $$ on front suspension work and a power steering pump leak.

just had new tires put on and turns out I have a front wheel bearing that's starting to go bad. new front end links, tie rod too.

Just cracked 77k...

Bought with "rebuilt engine" at 61,212mi and I have replaced the turbo, transmission, water pump (seized) and timing kit.

Here's hoping I make 100k without any more broken stuff. I have a spare turbo and a transmission I'm rebuilding just in case.....

• I Donated
Almost at 90k mi. BNR 16G has been in for the past 12k (35k-ish on it total; the rest of the miles were from my 05). Still running great, and I am not gentle either. Intake manifold gaskets have been the only non-wear/mod-related repair.

Just about to 106k on original engine and turbo. Heads were taken off to replace burned valves when the original owner had it. Other than that she's never been opened up or had any other issues. When I purchased it I checked the banjo bolt and it was clean but I replaced it anyhow. Turbo looked fantastic last time I had the downpipe off at around 103k. For all the talk of turbo failures/ringland failures/everything else on these cars failures I've been really happy with it. *Knock on wood*