LegacyGT.com

96-99 Legacy GT Sedan RARE?

I am rebuilding the EJ25 DOHC engine in a 97 Legacy GT Sedan and need a rear bumper also. It has become quite apparent while searching for said bumper that it is EXTREMELY hard to find. Seems I can find hundreds of wagon bumpers or impreza also but the Legacy sedan seems impossible to find exclusive parts for such as the rear bumper. I wonder what their production numbers were compared to the wagons?

I am rebuilding the EJ25 DOHC engine in a 97 Legacy GT Sedan and need a rear bumper also. It has become quite apparent while searching for said bumper that it is EXTREMELY hard to find. Seems I can find hundreds of wagon bumpers or impreza also but the Legacy sedan seems impossible to find exclusive parts for such as the rear bumper. I wonder what their production numbers were compared to the wagons?

if I'm correct, the GT rear bumper is actually just an L bumper with a skirt bolted onto it. Just look for an L bumper & find a skirt off a GT. There should be L bumpers all over the place.

EXACTLY, LSNAPLE,...I used to live on the west coast for many years and Subarus were WAY more popular and common than here in SC. REALLY need a black rear bumper for my 97 LGT sedan. Might have to make a trip to Atlanta and check there junk yards!

• 2 weeks later...
That depends on your location. Here, they are few and far between. I just got back from Colorado, where it seemed like 3 out of 5 cars were Subaru.

I bought an outback and all my friends made fun of me because everyone in Northern Colorado has an outback -_- Not to mention everyone that tries to tune their car gets a WRX. Or a civic.. ewhh.

Archived