LegacyGT.com

Wheel clearance choices for Brembos without spacers

rhumb line

I've checked the wheel sticky and post search and didn't see a clear answer--

Does anyone know of some lightweight wheels for 2005 Legacy GT Ltd that will fit larger calipers like StopTech or Brembos without spacers? I believe the fallback are 04 STi BBS 5x100. I was curious what else others were using.

I currently have stock Spec B wheels that need to be replaced (two flat spots). With 215/45R18 Bridgestones. I can't go any larger without rear fender rub or roll....

The car is lowered about an inch+ with Bilstein/STI Pink spring combo.

I'm sure there are folks running upgraded brakes on their 05-06 gt-- what works well and rolls well? Please weigh in-- pics are even better!

Which specs and offsets should I be looking for?

Is there better info on NASIOC?

I found them at Fbeans for a decent price. I have subiebucks that are going to expire so that will cut the price quite a bit. I still have fitment questions though that I need to double and triple check:

17 or 18 inch-- I'm leaning toward 18 and so far I haven't heard that that would be an issue...

Offset 42 or 50 mm---> from the sticky: 8.5" (+45mm to +48mm offset, +45) offset in BOLD are the closest possible offset to OEM's scrub radius, *will need to roll the fenders if tires are wider than 255

TireRack guy thinks that 18" with 42 mm offset would work. I don't mind a little 'fitment finesse' but I'm not looking to turn this into a big project-- in needs to be well in the ballpark.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

JD

OK, so I'll get the ENKEI RS05RR 18" wheels with 42 offset in Gun Metal and 245/35R18 Bridgestone RE760's. The car has Bilstein struts and STI Pink springs so some rolling and pulling may be necessary. Wish me luck.... I think they'll look and drive great if I can get them fitted properly.

In the event you haven't already purchased the Enkei's (which look great), many WedsSports should also fit a BBK. The TC105N is a light weight wheel, ~16 pounds @ 18x8.5 43mm offset, with plenty of space for brakes. 18x8s and 18x9.5s are also available in 5x100. You'd have to ensure they'd fit your SpecB, but the 18x8.5s definitely fit on a 5th gen.

http://www.wedswheelsna.com/weds/weds-sport/tc105n/

Thanks Ellesedil, very good to know. Subiebucks are the source of my funding so the purchase is through FredBeans who regularly deals Enkei's. The order is in for the wheels so they should be coming in the next couple of weeks. The 245/35R18 Bridgestone RE760's arrived yesterday at Firestone, where I was allowed by the manager to have a conjugal visit. Hopefully it all fits together without too much rolling and stretching. Those are some great looking wheels though! Thanks!

I just purchased a set of work Xd9 18x9 38 offset that will clear brembos.

But I would also like to know what other type of wheels would clear brembos. Looking for a different set for winter. Doesn't matter if they are rotas or xxr as long as they clear. Preferably 17s.

I have drag dr33 that clear 17x7.5 +45

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Archived