LegacyGT.com

5EAT Stage 2 LGT review and Help ?

Fri501pm25

I got a 05 LGT 5EAT.....Just installed a cobb dp and autospeed performance catback with a turbo xs up pipe.....the perrin recir bov and base reflash with cobb.....car is totally transformed.....wow......Car sounds awesome too not too dronny in cabin and sounds really mean when wot is applied......

Quick question to all with stage 2 and up pipe......theres a burning smell and smoke coming up from my engine, at the downpipe and i guess uppipe....smells like oil but i cant find any leaks....im hoping its just burn off from new pipes.....anyone have any suggestions.........????

well, if you used anything to get those bolts off (most likely you did or someone else did if you didn't do the install) then you will have some burn off from that. if it's been 2 days later after plenty of driving and you're still smoking like that, then there's a problem. listen for any sounds of leaking too.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

+1 on drive it for a while and then see if it's still smoking. If it quits; it was probably just greasy parts from greasy hands. If it doesn't; look for the half moon seal.

Take the skid plate off the engine compartment and look at your crossmember and oil pan. When I changed out my UP/DP; I noticed a couple drops of oil right in the channel of the cross member where the UP goes. I had my turbo off for the install so I got some drips here and there. In that same channel where the UP goes there is the infamous half moon shaped seal on the engine. This is an issue if you used the "jack up the engine" method to remove and re-install the UP. You have to be slow and easy when removing the UP or you will snag the lip of that seal. Let us know whats happening.

Let's kick this pig!

car was dropped off at subaru sat morning, tech dude wont be in till monday so ill have to wait on him to look and fix whats up.....i dont have the time or equipment to fix this right now......ill let ya'll know whats up...im thinking the same thing on the half moon seal or maybe the oil return line or what ever....all in all its something stupid that has to be fixed.....cause im going to the new jersey track at the end of the month.....im hoping to do 13.0 - 13.9 on my quarter mile run

tech at subaru found leak it came from the oil supply to the turbo...now whats weird is that he didnt take turbo off to install uppipe....so he tightened down and cleaned, test drove all thats smoking is the oil that couldnt be cleaned off.....other than that no leaks anywhere else....now i just have to keep driving to get the ecu to learn with the new base map and im going to track on the 30th...

depends on your power curve. each car is different. you have to figure out what works best. most of all, your launch will either give you a good run or a crappy one. practice your launch first. ;)

depends on your power curve. each car is different. you have to figure out what works best. most of all, your launch will either give you a good run or a crappy one. practice your launch first. ;)

floor the brake, rev up till about 2800 rpm and let off on the brakes and all on the gas, correct?

i go to about 3000 too to get the turbo spooling.....then i shift each gear at 6000{ if you wait too long to shift and redline, the ecu will shut off fuel to your engine so dont get scared its a good thing so we dont kill out cars, it'll come back after a few seconds} and i stop at 4th gear.....5th gear sucks, never touch it when going against another driver, thats for cruising only.....i also have a lightened engine pulley from perrin that helps alot.....lol on a side note i was packing away my stock dp and up and i was laughing on how much those things frecking weighted, my stock engine pulley too....quick question too how does our suspension hold up on stage 2?, Ive heard that a rear strut tower bar might me needed cause of the weight.....

Dude, 3k launch and you better hope you don't burn out your clutch packs. Get tranny cooler and check your 5EAT fluids. Search 5EAT or read this post

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54014

If you want to play, beef up your 5EAT.

yes, one of the best threads on here! saved me from a divorce, new tranny, and headache! :lol:

i have a tranny cooler and the VB upgrade on mine. my clutch packs were (at the time of the VB upgrade in Feb) fine.

however, once i upgraded the turbo, the lower gears slipped. I'm sure this was due to the heavy and crazy launches i did all last year at the track and somewhat while practicing for the track. don't be surprised if your tranny breaks if you are dong 3000+ rpm launches without any kind of reinforcing it.

Archived