LegacyGT.com

Any Utah people running Tein H Techs?

No.Rice

Curious if anyone is sitting on Tein H Techs.... I am thinking about them for a minimal drop. If you do, I'd love to see pics and hear your thoughts on ride quality and what not. Maybe check out your whip in person!

Had H-Techs on Bilstein's, pics were with 3/8" shim but changed to 1/2" later on.

Favorite aftermarket springs, low(er) drop but much better handling thus the "H" ( "S" is show not sport, more drop ).

Why did you have the shim in there? Is it nessecary? I wonder if the wagon's ass will sag with those springs?

I'm running H-Techs and stock struts on my wagon. Wheels are 18x8 w/ 48 mm offset IIRC. No shims whatsoever.

I won a photoshoot at a charity auction and haven't received my versions of the web prints so I only have a link to the pictures:

http://www.mariomasitti.com/photoshoot-proofs/richards-legacy-gt

Characteristics edit: Make no mistake, the ride will be much stiffer than stock, but the car will feel far more in control. This is evidenced especially at higher speeds (75+) where cross winds are frequent. I’ve never bottomed out in the 3+ years I’ve been running them and I’ve had well over 800lbs of people in the car on some occasions. Also, I’m running 225/40/18 tires and they’ve never rubbed. I’m very happy with the springs and the look, personally.

Why did you have the shim in there? Is it nessecary? I wonder if the wagon's ass will sag with those springs?
Check the Bilstein install threads, Cliff Note version is the fronts go up slightly and the rears drop compared to the stock KYB stuff. The 1/2" shim made it level F-R.

Handling was great, in fact I ran a few auto-x events and did not see the need to update sways or endlinks. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Rims are stock 04 STI BBS, 17x7.5 and tires were Eagle GT 225/45-17.

Archived