tougefox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marietta billiard. I think.

Yep. Although I don't know how much they are involved, since it appears to fill the entire shopping center's parking lot ("Town and Country", about 0.4 miles due east of the Big Chicken on Roswell Rd). Looks big.

Found this link:

http://heyevent.com/event/326022980924455/we-hungry-meet

also this:

http://southeastwheelsevents.com/events/we-hungry-meet-1

Google "we hungry meet" and you'll find some blog posts from past events at this same spot. Like this one:

http://loweredlifestyle.com/2012/07/we-hungry-meet/

(and I'd never heard of it before, either)

now that i have been up in ATL for a while i am in dire need of a good machine . can anyone help with this, mainly for normal wear and tear. im in the Ellenwood area so not trying to go to far just to drop my car off. having one problem with my digital throttle going out on me while driving. yep the gas pedal just stops working while on highway. NOT FUN AT ALL. so back on my bike until i can get this fix.

Taking my legacy to the track tomorrow to see what she can do @ AMP. I'm excited and a little nervous. I've only driven on the track once and it was in a GTR for a track day experience. Although that was amazing, it's not like I have a lot of skill built up. $150 for a whole afternoon/evening of racing and practice sounds good to me.

So I finally realized I have no friends to hang out with :lol:

No, really. I moved here 2.5 years ago. I lived in a small town very near the small town where I worked. I made really good work friends and we had guys' nights weekly and weekend fun.

I got engaged, and took a job in Atlanta. I have made good work friends here too, but none of us live near work or in the city, we are all different directions and busy with lives.

I got married and moved outside of Marietta, which is nice enough. I do things all the time with the wife, but having a kid makes some things difficult to attend. I have met people in the neighborhood, but realized none are "friends" when the other day a guy was talking about going 3.5 hours away to get an old Subaru and I didn't jump at the opportunity to go.

I am on wrxatlanta but honestly as an older guy with a NA Legacy I don't fit in there. This forum is the closest thing to community, and I am older and more boring than the LGT guys too :lol:

Ah well, not saying anything, just occurred to me and wanted to say thanks to you guys for being around :p

I've been lobbying for us to hang out or for me to help anyone as they're working on their cars so the offer still stands.

I'm glad you're enjoying the community, and who cares if you're older than some of us.

It's not so much the age as it is I have a wife and kid and a boring daily driver now. I don't do many car shows, or get into the stance scene lol. I'd like to have a meet and hang out, have a few drinks etc, but it would have to be family friendly for me.

wrxatlanta does meets and kids/ wives are welcome, but they're on Tuesday nights and always so far from me.

SoWo: http://www.southernworthersee.com

I may decide to roll up there this time, my wife will be busy all weekend. I'm still editing the footage from yesterday's track day but my legacy handled like a dream at AMP! I kept a ton of speed and never had any sort of brake issues. I'm still a novice but it was so much fun to learn the track and my car.