LegacyGT.com

Currently available 05-09 rear sway bars?

dvancleve

I have been doing some searching and it seems like several companies have discontinued their 05-09 RSBs in the last couple of years. It looks to me like Whiteline, Cusco and Swift may be the only ones still available. Am I missing any? Which one is best? Also, which (if any) of the rear reinforcing brackets are currently available? From what I have read, they are pretty much mandatory so it is odd that they seem hard to come by...

Thanks, Doug

P.S. Do aftermarket RSBs from any other Subarus work on these cars?

I have the whiteline rsb on the stiff setting with lowering springs. stock endlinks and no reinforced brackets. I tracked it last year without a problem. I've also never had a problem with it hitting my aftermarket exhaust.

Rallitek makes a rear bar I think.

I have the whiteline rsb on the stiff setting with lowering springs. stock endlinks and no reinforced brackets. I tracked it last year without a problem. I've also never had a problem with it hitting my aftermarket exhaust.

Rallitek makes a rear bar I think.

What springs are you running? OEM or Aftermarket struts? Is the ride considerably stiffer with this setup? NVH?

You can run the JDM bar. That's the largest OEM bar at 20mm.

Also don't forget the Hotchkis set. RSB is a 22mm in that set. Hotchkis used to make them for COBB if I remember correctly.

I think Hotchkis are discontinued. I'm on the same boat as the OP, looking for a rear sway.

I'm just pissed I missed out on the group buy.

Who sells the JDM OEM bar these days? It's hollow, right, so not as stiff as any of the 20mm+ solid bars?

Thanks, Doug

You can run the JDM bar. That's the largest OEM bar at 20mm.

Also don't forget the Hotchkis set. RSB is a 22mm in that set. Hotchkis used to make them for COBB if I remember correctly.

So which bar that is currently available is best: Avo, Cusco, Swift, Whiteline? The Whiteline appears to be the cheapest, the Avo and Cusco about the same, the Swift the most expensive. The Avo and Whiteline are adjustable, the Swift has a wagon specific version. Which is best overall and why?

Thanks, Doug

Perrin makes a RSB too! I just installed a Whiteline 22mm fixed with Moog endlinks $35 shipped from rockauto.com nice and beefy, don't install a RSB without reinforced brackets! Why? Just get under the car and check out the weak mounts for the whimpy RSB. Huge difference. AVO for the mounts noone else makes them. The best, I guess it all depends on what you plan on doing with the car. Many of the guys would say the Cusco is the best, strongest and lightest but it's hollow too!

• 4 weeks later...

So is there anything about the Cusco that would make it a better choice than the Whiteline? If I understand things correctly, the Cusco is 21mm & not adjustable, the Whiteline adjustable is 20mm at the soft setting and 21mm at the stiff setting. Seems to me they are the most available and cheapest, any reason to spend the extra $35 or so for the Cusco?

Thanks again, Doug

So which bar that is currently available is best: Avo, Cusco, Swift, Whiteline? The Whiteline appears to be the cheapest, the Avo and Cusco about the same, the Swift the most expensive. The Avo and Whiteline are adjustable, the Swift has a wagon specific version. Which is best overall and why?

Thanks, Doug

Nice :) I was thinking put the leftovers toward some Avo brackets, if they every become available again, or hopefully some other option that may become available...

I'd go with whiteline and put that extra money towards a scca weekend membership to test it out

Archived