LegacyGT.com

ECUFlash Problems

ChefRacer

So I've been trying to retrieve my map off of my ecu using ecuflash, but I can't get it to recognize the cable. How do I setup the port for the cable with ecuflash? Romraider syncs up just fine but ECUflash won't hook up to the ecu. I'm most likely just missing something stupid. Thanks

I'm having the same problem. Going to try the older version of ECU flash that came with the vagcom cable. If Romraider recognizes the cable and can read your ECU, you have the drivers for the cable installed correctly.

The error I'm getting leads me to believe there is an issue with the ECU definitions.

• Moderators

Try manually selecting the vag-com to operate under com port 1 (in device manager). Check if ECU Flash works. You may have to change the COM in LV or RR for those to work (these are drop down menus).

Also, I BELIEVE you need the older version of ECUFlash...check the sticky in the top of the tuning section, there's a link I think.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Mega Users

For some reason I thought there was a way to change it. Now that I look, I guess there isn't.

Gotsugg had the same problem here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ecuflash-not-working-but-romraider-123595.html

Did you set up the baud rate for the port to 4800? Green test connectors connected? NSFW said in that thread to disable all of the other ports and see if ecuflash finds it.

Chef and I tried this combination a bunch of times. The cable isn't the problem, it's 100% his laptop. I plugged his cable into my laptop and it worked fine. We even reinstalled it and redownloaded the drivers and it still wouldn't work. At the time, I was stumped.

Archived