LegacyGT.com

The King of Parts

EDIT: Saw this come up as the second google link for the TKOP. They're business has gotten better since I originally posted this. I've bought a few products after hearing that their service improved and came away happy.

I placed an order on TKOP website on June 1st. I was just alerted that the order has been shipped today, a day short of 3 weeks later, but I'd rather it not have been shipped at all.

The order was for brake parts. DBA front and rear rotors and some stainless goodridge lines. A few days after placing the order, I got a phone call saying that DBA fronts were backed up and that StopTechs could be shipped in their place. I said fine, despite knowing JSCSpeed sells StopTechs for a little less than TKOP; I just needed these brakes. A week later, June 11th, I didn't have shipping confirmation so I e-mailed and called TKOP, and both asked me AGAIN if I minded the StopTechs. I told them to ship whichever was the fastest, settling on the StopTechs. I needed these brakes for a planned roadtrip, but now that my friend is driving I am in no rush for them to get here. That said, when I received another e-mail on the 17th informing me yet again that DBA rotors are backed up and that StopTechs are available to be shipped instead, I replied asking them to match the JSCSpeed prices, or refund my money. Yes, a refund, because I was already billed for these parts, which they had no delay in doing. That e-mail was never answered, but I received a shipping confirmation today.

Yea, I'm pissed.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Customer Service is everything.

If there is one more post like this I doubt I'll place an order with them.

KOP, you need to chime in on this one.

Mods, you should probably move this to the Marketplace (?)

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

I had ordered a oem exhaust gasket set from them a while back. When I received the package, instead of receiving (1) donut ring gasket and (2) y pipe to muffler flange gaskets, I recieved 3 donut ring gaskets. Well, I called them on the mistake, spoke to a guy on the phone, he said it was their mistake, I was like, "fine". So he said he would send the correct (2) gaskets to me with a return postage for the other two donut ring gaskets for me to send back to KOP. This conversation was three weeks ago and as of today I have still not received the (2) correct gaskets. On top of that I don't even need them because I found some gaskets at advanced auto that worked just fine for the y-pipe to mufflers.....

Will I recieve those "other" gaskets? :iam:

Do I really care at this point? Not really

Will I order from them again? Probably not. :spin:

Tristian is the only person handling the forums now and is training other people to help him out, he stated that in his thread. DBA breaks are almost always on back order no matter who you buy from. Best thing to do is call them directly to get orders placed and deal with Tristian directly.
Mr.350

I have placed two orders with them. The first one was great, no issues. Second one took about three weeks to show up and was missing items. Email to KOP never was returned and messages left with them were never returned. Not sure if I will order again from them. Kind of disappointing, they have good prices on a lot of their products

my order got returned back to them because ups label fell off. 3 weeks later and a phone call straightened it up.

although tristan really helped me figure out the right part i needed for the corner headlamp mount that slips into the fender

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I'm sorry that you got screwed. It seems ALOT of us are running into problems with many different vendors lately.

I've never had a problem, however, I NEVER order online. I will do the shopping online, but call in the orders... I suggest you guys start doing that as well, the internet is way to f'd up to even put your personal cc #'s on a secure site.

brian

I'm sorry that you got screwed. It seems ALOT of us are running into problems with many different vendors lately.

I've never had a problem, however, I NEVER order online. I will do the shopping online, but call in the orders... I suggest you guys start doing that as well, the internet is way to f'd up to even put your personal cc #'s on a secure site.

Not to keep complaining but my order was placed over the phone as well.

i had the same problem with the dba's being on back order. it took a few emails, but the problem was corrected and new order was shipped out with almost no delay. no lack of communication at all, great service imo.
stage 2

:( that is a real shame. I had a great experience with them, but that was when Jeremy was there and he took care of everything.

:whore:on Jeremy.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

That really sucks.

I've had great experiences with Jeremy every time I dealt with him. I've also had great experiences with Tristan but always dealt with him over the phone. Mind you I haven't ordered anything from there in 3-4 months.

It's really too bad to see.

I recently purchased brakes from KOP....first time I called I got someone other that Tristan who said they would pass along the message and have him call me...a week later there was no return call so I called and got Tristan...he apologized for not getting back to me. During the conversation I inquired about DBA's but he was very upfront and said I could have tehm for you in 3 weeks but the last shipments have been significantly delayed. Since I wasn't tracking the car anyway he offered me a nice package deal on OEM rotors and Hawks. We set it up for me to pick them up that weekend and when I arrived the parts were sort of ready for me. The guy behind the counter (not Tristan) informed me that they were out of OEM rotors...immediately I was starting to get nervous but he then tolo me they were upgrading me to Stoptechs for teh same price since they had made teh mistake. So while not every step was perfect I would still consider them to be a great vendor.

Archived