LegacyGT.com

Navigation System

SL2008

I hope this isn't a redundant post on here, I'm new.

So i just got a 2008 Legacy 2.5i about a month ago. We didn't want to have a huge payment, so we didnt go with one with the Nav on it. Long story short, I want the original factory nav on the car, and have no idea where to start.

I'm wondering if this is even possible to get that system on my car? Do i just need to find the system, wires, brakets, bezel etc and have it installed? All help is appreciated!!

So i just got a 2008 Legacy 2.5i about a month ago. We didn't want to have a huge payment, so we didnt go with one with the Nav on it. Long story short, I want the original factory nav on the car, and have no idea where to start.

I'm wondering if this is even possible to get that system on my car? Do i just need to find the system, wires, brakets, bezel etc and have it installed? All help is appreciated!!

You know I have been on these boards almost 4 years now. I am yet to see a success story from someone having retrofitted one.

Go with aftermarket or try a CarPC.

Unless its a limited go with a double din unit in place of the factory unit.

What about the trip computer (Gas remaining, mpg, etc) What happens with that? On factory installed ones, thats where Nav would go. And also, don't most aftermarket ones control the radio too? What about the other controls below it?

I did exactly the same on my (european) MY07 Outback a couple of months ago. I bought the car without the OEM navi and then decided to add it after a year: I verified with Subaru Italy the feseability and went to a Subaru dealer who verified the part numbers needed, ordered them and installed the navi.

Basically, if your car has the Navi in the list of accessories then I believe you should be able to add it in after-market.

The items I had to buy were: navi unit (DVD-rom, a small unit placed in the glovebox), the monitor (placed you know where!), a new front air bezel and some harnesses. If you want I have the part number, but probably yours are different, because of the different market.

I don't regret my decision! Good luck.

Thanks all. I'm hoping to track down everything I need and get it done. I have my dealer on board, I've researched the trim pieces and everything to make sure it would all fit, now I just need to get the money and do it.

Moose, that looks great, only thing is I'm just picky about wanting everything to look stock, plus i considered that, and it seems really low to be looking down at, plus i hate the way it would be behind the shifter (or it seems like it would be) but if all else fails thats a definite possibility.

Please if anyone else has info keep addind- Hope this is helping others besides just me!

Archived