LegacyGT.com

Mutha..

B4_Maniac

Was heading to work yesterday on 95N. There was a huge dirty truck in front of me...I was like I am getting over to the next lane so the debris wont hit my Leggy.. And as luck would have it as soon as I switched lanes..a rock jetted out from behind the truck and hit my windsheild dead on. Right in the middle of my line of sight. The whole windsheild has to be replaced. My dealer orderd the windsheild for me, but I almost had a heart attack when they told me the price. $350 bucks plus $150 for install.. This royaly sucks!!!:(

Just replaced the windshield on our Forester S for the same reason and it would have cost me ~$600 bucks OOP without insurance. Broken windshields and keyed cars are the reason I keep $0 Deductible comprehensive on all of my cars. The little extra premium has paid for itself many times over just in keyed re-paints and windshields. No drama and the insurance company (SF) is completely cooperative. BTW is it a big "crack" with spider or a solid "ding". If it's just a ding, most insurance companies offer to repair the ding and not charge your deductible. Might be worth the check out if your windshield is repairable. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]I know you are thinking it will increase your rates but often it wont. Trust me give your agent a call and ask them the reproductions of doing this in the long term. [/size][/font] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [font=Times New Roman][size=3]Trust me on this one I work for an insurance company (don’t flame I do IT work and it pays well) [/size][/font] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [font='Times New Roman']It cant hurt to call [/font]

I've had the windshield replaced twice on my old car due to rock hits. Both times, it was fully covered by my insurence, even though I don't have 0 deductable. I had no negative repercusions from it. It is damn hard for them to claim you are a bad driver because flying rocks hit your windshield.

[quote name='sde']the LR front windshield has heating elements woven through it. Sometimes it feels like you're looking through a bunch of verticle lines about 1/2 inch apart.. most other times you don't really notice.[/QUOTE] Are you referring to the windshield de-icer band that runs along the bottom of the windshield underneath the wiper blade rest position or something else? I have the window wiper de-icer on my Forester and it's one of the reasons that the replacement window was so expensive. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I got a nice smack from a rock a few months ago. There is maybe a 1 cm. across crack with a little chip in the center. Sucked, but i have been keeping an eye on it, and so far it hasn't moved an inch. We've already had snow, and the defroster has been going, so i don't htink its going to move. We'll keep an eye on it. But its down on the bottom passenger side, so not at all in the field of view.

I will call the issurance company. But I know they will have to replace the windsheild. The crack is smack dap in my line of sight and they won't repair it if it is. I had the same issue with my 01 Leggy and they had to replace the windsheild. I guess it's all just one PITA. I would rather spend the money on upgrades then repairs!

[font='Times New Roman']You will still have to pay the deductible. Unless you have what’s called “full glass coverage.” You are correct and it will not increase your premiums. [/font] [font='Times New Roman'][/font] [font='Times New Roman'][font='Times New Roman']It’s called the missile rule. ;) [/font][/font]

Yeah this is state dependant, when I lived in arizona I had 0 deductable glass which covered even the massive fog lights on my 2000 2.5RS. Silly me I moved back to chicago without getting the fog light replaced and was going to do it before I sold the car, unfortunately even when keeping the same company that coverage didnt carry over as it was state-specific.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Archived