5th Gen Exhaust

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
what is the best way to make the 2.5i have passenger and driver side exhaust. Do they make kits for it or should I just go to a shop with 2 mufflers and have something made up. Also would a stock lgt exhaust bolt up? Edited by RyanSmigs

Hey guys i have 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5I Limited its automatic but i want to get a exhaust that has a deep tone any suggestions I am a newbie that just bought this car and i was looking at the Invidia N1 anyone have this one or any suggestions on what i should get

Im new to the site just getting the hang of it. but bascially anything for the GT is compatible to mine and will it sound the same as the GT videos iv seen? I was wondering also if i should do a cat back or axle back?

Use the search function and read....a lot!

Yes, GT exhausts are compatible. It will wound somewhat the same but obviously the GT has a turbo so the forced induction produces a slightly different exhaust not when heavy on the throttle. Axleback or catback, your choice. Cost is a bit different.

Thank you for your help

What do you think about a Invidia N1 catback i was considering this one but was to its too loud for a non turbo what are your thoughts and would you have any suggestions for any good ones

what is the best way to make the 2.5i have passenger and driver side exhaust. Do they make kits for it or should I just go to a shop with 2 mufflers and have something made up. Also would a stock lgt exhaust bolt up?

That is what I did! Brought two mufflers and he did the rest. Paid $150 for the install and $150 for some mufflers that were sold here a while back. Sounds much nicer now im just about to do a resonator delete to make it a tad louder and enhance teh rice

That is what I did! Brought two mufflers and he did the rest. Paid $150 for the install and $150 for some mufflers that were sold here a while back. Sounds much nicer now im just about to do a resonator delete to make it a tad louder and enhance teh rice

What mufflers did you get and do you have a video of them?

• 3 weeks later...

cheap crap mufflers will sound cheap and raspy. also sound will depend on exhaust tubing thickness, tube diameter, and if crush bent or mandrel.

you can easily unbolt the mufflers to see if you like the sound.

• 2 months later...

Stock mufflers, but with the milk jug delete,funnel intake and shortened pipe after the mufflers...added 4" MagnaFlow tips...very nice growl when on the throttle.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/RM-RS/3_zpsuxexfsbu.jpg

Hypthetically a GT exhaust should fit a 14 outback right? Searched and didnt see anything. Dont think their is a difference mechanically between the 10-12 to 13-14.

Since no one has answered, I'll throw out my suspicions... While the system should bolt up...Legacy exhaust tips dump straight out the back while outback ones are turned down and point at the ground. You may need to modify an outback bumper cover to put on a legacy exhaust. Another potential hiccup...I believe on the previous generation (4th gen legacy/3rd gen outback) the outback bumper beam had to be modified to allow a legacy exhaust to be used.

If you just want duals, an outback 3.6 dual exhaust should fit a 2.5 outback with the additional of an exhaust hanger on the passenger side.

Since no one has answered, I'll throw out my suspicions... While the system should bolt up...Legacy exhaust tips dump straight out the back while outback ones are turned down and point at the ground. You may need to modify an outback bumper cover to put on a legacy exhaust. Another potential hiccup...I believe on the previous generation (4th gen legacy/3rd gen outback) the outback bumper beam had to be modified to allow a legacy exhaust to be used.

If you just want duals, an outback 3.6 dual exhaust should fit a 2.5 outback with the additional of an exhaust hanger on the passenger side.

Thanks for the response. I picked up the Jdm Legacy rear bumper from 'zestjdm' and plan on doing that with duals. Hopefully there isn't a bumper beam issue but I will find out when I put it on.

For a dual set up for a 2.5i, you will need your local exhaust shop to weld on a exhaust hanger on the side that didn't have a muffler. GT and 2.5i exhaust parts are interchangeable up to the mid pipe because the exhaust headers are different. Don't go too big in diameter as you'll end up losing back pressure. The biggest I'd go in diameter is 2.5 inches, iirc stock is 2.25 inches.

Whats the thought on megans racing axle back for 2011 legacy? Worth it or no? Seen video sounded decent had allittle subi rumble when getting on it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If the car in the video was a turbo Subaru WRX, then of course it will have the "Subie rumble" because UEL headers. That muffler wont sound like that on your car because you have EL headers.

If the car in the video was a turbo Subaru WRX, then of course it will have the "Subie rumble" because UEL headers. That muffler wont sound like that on your car because you have EL headers.

Ok thx

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk