LegacyGT.com

When do the 06's come out?

tallboy

So, if they are taking orders for 06 cars, where is the announcement? Where are the spec sheets? I want to see one, if even just to verify that there AREN'T any changes. I'd love to see what the official take on the option packages are, and prices.

I would think they would have that info available if they have the cars solid enough to start building them for next month's delivery.

Yeah, I agree......where are the option lists and prices? I was assured by the dealer I ordered from that there were no new options beyond nav. I don't quite get how they put in their order for the first allotment yet Subaru hasn't given them all the info yet. I guess I don't see how the salesman is trying to screw me either since he knew I was buying whether it was now or after their first shipment came in - he had me locked in as a customer. So there was no need for him to hurry and sell me some car he doesn't have yet and fill me full of b.s. and have me walk off when the car showed up.

There was one thing he said that might mean something. When we were sitting down and talking on Friday, he said I had about a week to change any of the options I ordered. So either that means that there's a window after ordering where things can change or that maybe the final options lists will be coming out sometime in that time frame and dealerships are allowed to adjust what was on the cars they ordered for their initial allotment. Who knows.:confused:

I swear......Subaru keeps better secrets than the CIA.

I don't understand. How can you place an order for a car in which you have no idea what options are being offered on it? Before I bought my 05 (I gave up waiting for the 06's) Fitzmall said I could put down $1k to order an 06, but not knowing what options the car would eventually be offered with, made little sense to me. Sounds to me like a huge gamble. Suppose there are no changes at all (other then the Spec B), then you've wasted your time and money, letting that good deal on an 05 go. The dealership where I got my 05 gave me a great deal and they even said the 06's were delayed (the only reason I can think of is that they're not selling them as quickly as they initially thought) probably under the Sept-Nov timeframe. I say, go for a good deal on an 05 now, the money you save can go towards a nav, HID's, or whatever.

Well, I basically placed my order using the same options available now. Of course I don't know price though nor did the salesman. The sales guy has done this before, so he writes the purchase agreement such that I pay dealer invoice minus any incentives offered at the time.

I was having a hard time finding an '05 in the color and with the interior and options I wanted.....I had found one about 350 miles away and the sales guy here said he'd match the price (dealer invoice) minus the 1k rebate which he couldn't offer on the '06.

That sold me.....a new '06 for dealer invoice. Basically I'm giving up the 1k rebate and any other amount I could have gotten an '05 for below invoice. Worth it to me to have an '06 purchased locally, especially when I wasn't getting quite exactly what I wanted on an '05 anyway. If I'm spending this type of cash on a new car, an extra $1000-1500 to get exactly what I want is worth it imho.

Well, I basically placed my order using the same options available now. Of course I don't know price though nor did the salesman. The sales guy has done this before, so he writes the purchase agreement such that I pay dealer invoice minus any incentives offered at the time.

I was having a hard time finding an '05 in the color and with the interior and options I wanted.....I had found one about 350 miles away and the sales guy here said he'd match the price (dealer invoice) minus the 1k rebate which he couldn't offer on the '06.

That sold me.....a new '06 for dealer invoice. Basically I'm giving up the 1k rebate and any other amount I could have gotten an '05 for below invoice. Worth it to me to have an '06 purchased locally, especially when I wasn't getting quite exactly what I wanted on an '05 anyway. If I'm spending this type of cash on a new car, an extra $1000-1500 to get exactly what I want is worth it imho.

So never considered a SpecB ?

I keed I keeed

Subarus will be made and imported from China in 2010.

Subaru is reprioritizing. FHI is switching to hygiene products, and Subaru will specialize in tampons.

Don't even ask what color the STi version will be.

• 1 month later...

Archived