LegacyGT.com

About to Buy an ACCESS PORT

Ok, I am about to break down and purchase the Cobb Acess port as it seems like everyone has been very happy with it. Havent been able to find anyone with a used one for 05 legacy GT automatic transmission so I think I will probably end up going with a used one. Everyone seems to offer the 695 dollar price tag so whwere should I purchase this from? I thought I read sonehwere that some places iwll include a protune map along with the maps that cobb already supplies?? are there other extras that places will offer by dumping your 695 dollars in their pocket instead of someone else's?? You would think they would be including all sorts of extras since everyone has the exact same price. Any input on where to purchase from would be appreciated. Thanks

The price is set by Cobb for the new ones.

The old ones go for about 400 dollars and do - performance wise - everything that the new ones do: send different tunes to your car.

Cobb makes generic, stage-specific maps available free of charge for downloading off their website. For particular sets of mods, one should seek a professional tune for which you pay extra, but it woould be loaded onto your AP and then onto the car.

This is a good question.. I'm about to buy a new one as well. I'd like to get a separate map for the same money as well, but I'm actually more concerned with getting it sooner once I order it. Anyone know the quickest place to get it from?

The for sale sign is some forum glitch.

If you want it used, search the classified (for sale) forum. If you get a version 2 (used) you may also seek on NASIOC as long as the unit is for the 2.5L engine. Otherwise, most Subaru aftermarket vendors carry it. Rally Sport Direct if you are out of ideas. Cobb themselves could sell it too.

I have found MANY places that sell it, im just wondering what bells and whistles vendors will give you if buying from them, thats all, maybe the answer is none at all, thats why I am asking. Thanks for the wuick replies guys, you are amazing, 2 minafter posting do a refesh and already like 6 replies, I love this site

I have found MANY places that sell it, im just wondering what bells and whistles vendors will give you if buying from them, thats all, maybe the answer is none at all, thats why I am asking. Thanks for the wuick replies guys, you are amazing, 2 minafter posting do a refesh and already like 6 replies, I love this site

Check rallitek or PDX, they might have e-tune specials with an AP order.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

I bought mine directly from Cobb. A pro tune is in my future anyway so more specific maps weren't really a priority, plus I'm not sure how Cobb's pricing is set for resellers... but if it's what I think it is then they (resellers) are not really making money off the AP, but they're own maps/tunes (if they offer them).

It's got some pretty useful features outside of the map changes as well. Pay to play, and all that.

Archived