LegacyGT.com

After May 23rd

scoobydo2

There will be a Regal blue wagon in town. I'm moving from the midwest to Dever, can't wait!!!

Give me some advice. I'm looking in two area's of town for a house, Highlands, and Wash. park. We like the older homes and small retail/restaurants that you can walk to. I'm also big into cycling so if anybody on here is a cyclist, let me know!!!

Thanks! How's N. W. Denver, specifically Wheat Ridge or Highland? I notice that's your location. I guess you could mean Westminster or up in that area too. Any input is appreciated!

I live in Westminster, great location, lots of growth, and stuff to do around here. Close to US 36, easy access to Boulder, and I work in denver, 13 miles, and it only takes me about 22 minutes to get to work.

Not everyone is a fan of up north, but I have been in my current location for over 8 years, and love it. Will be looking at a new house either this fall or next spring, and I think we have settled on this same area. But then again, suburb is suburb, they all are the same ;)

Welcome to the area! The C-Springs / Denver group is growing and hopefully we will be getting together more as the weather warms up. Planning a get together to go up Pikes in true Subie fashion on the 21st. Come along if you get here early! ;)

Scoobydo2

I'm a Realestate Appraisier. All the places your talking about are very nice areas (nice places to raise a family). As far as Highlands and Washington Park those areas in general have older homes that are in very trendy neighborhoods that are a little over priced for the square footage you get. For example I live in Littleton (south) and my wife and I have a 2800 square foot (including basement) home that we paid $300,000.00 that was built in 1970. If you bought a home in Highlands or Washington Park with square footage like that you would pay close to $525,000.00 that is about 15 years older but there is very little homes in that area that are that big. As you get a little ways from Denver (downtown) you have larger suburbs (north and south) and the houses are a little bigger.

I'm a avid cyclist as well. I used to race Downhill and Dual Slalom (about 7 years) and most recently have done some 24 Hour races. I ride the road as well. I work part time at Wheat Ridge Cyclery (Sundays and Mondays) so I'm still very active in the industry. :lol:

Jonny,

The wife and I are going to be looking for a couple bikes that we can take the twins (infants) on rides around the neighboorhood and city trails. Maybe we can hook up sometime at your shop.

Thanks for all info guys!

Dom96, I'll be there by the 21st. but probably trying to find a place to live. While I was out there I spotted a Legacy GT wagon parked at a dentist office in Englewood. Anybody here claim it? It had aftermarket wheels, but I didn't get a good look.

Jonny, I'll for sure be stopping in Wheat Ridge! As many times as I've been out there I've never made it in. I also compete in 12 and 24 hour events! We should definately get together for a ride. I'm going to miss my favorite race this year, 24 hours of nine mile. Awesome event, I'm hoping there's plenty in CO to replace it.

Congrats on moving out there scoobydo2! I'll be moving out there next spring, and can't wait. It's been the place I wanted to live for 20 years now. I'm looking at the Loveland area, as there is an office out there for the company I work for. Anyone from the Loveland/Berthoud area? Drake maybe?

My best friend lives out in Greeley and consequently we have been to Loveland a few times. It is one of the nicest places you will find on the front range. About the only more scenic are Boulder and Evergreen and they are also significantly more expensive. Plus, Loveland doesn't have quite the "weed" problem shall we say that Boulder does. :lol:

My best friend lives out in Greeley and consequently we have been to Loveland a few times. It is one of the nicest places you will find on the front range. About the only more scenic are Boulder and Evergreen and they are also significantly more expensive. Plus, Loveland doesn't have quite the "weed" problem shall we say that Boulder does. :lol:

Heh heh. Yeah, I want to be right at the front range if at all possible. I used to think Longmont was a good place to be, but prices there seem to be a little high. Anyway, I'm so excited to move out there.......it's been a dream of mine for a long time now.

I live in Westminster, great location, lots of growth, and stuff to do around here. Close to US 36, easy access to Boulder, and I work in denver, 13 miles, and it only takes me about 22 minutes to get to work.

Is it possible to commute to 6th. Ave. and I-25 by bike from Westminster? I don't know if there's a bike trail, or how the roads are from there.

There are some pretty nice houses in Westminster. From what I can see on www.recolorado.com anyway.

Thanks!

Welcome to Colorado Scoobydo2. Not sure how good the network of trails are from Westminster to the 6th and I-25. From Jonny's area (Littleton) you could take the Platte River trail to the area you are talking about.

I live in Highlands Ranch and work up north so when you get settled in I would be happy to hook up somewhere along the way for a ride. If you end up in the south end of town let me know. I work part time at BikeSource (Wheatridge Cyclery's competition :D ) and ride 4-5 days a week or as often as I can.

Pat

Is it possible to commute to 6th. Ave. and I-25 by bike from Westminster? I don't know if there's a bike trail, or how the roads are from there.

no direct bike path, you would be on the road a lot, I have done it, used to bike to the Metro State Campus from here by bike, traffic was not kind.

there are some bike routes, but nothing really direct to that area, the Platte River trail covers a lot of ground, and you can hit that up north, then head east, then south into denver, but that would add about 6-8 extra miles onto your commute, so expect like 20+ miles each way to connect to the bike route.

It is doable, but not direct.

Archived