LegacyGT.com

can't get cabin air filter out

Help please. I've followed the youtube how-to video that is floating around on there. We are stuck at this point. Ours isn't just popping out easily like it does in the DIY video. Attached is a picture. We're hung up on the left side there against the center console. Doesn't wanna come out.

Any ideas please? I don't want to pay a dealership to do this but I'd rather not wreck anything pulling this apart. TIA

photo.thumb.jpg.2075635d2d97e0c82525f8ff5bd01f4c.jpg

If you have the retrofit kit, it's not that bad. 5 minutes start to finish. Here's my youtube video on changing it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Mm--92aTw]Changing Cabin Air Filter - YouTube[/ame]

^ This is the video we tried to follow to change out my 05 cabin air. Obviously that didn't work out well for us because we got hung up when we realized more of the dash had to come apart to get the glove compartment out of the way and weren't sure how to proceed.

pull up the ashtray piece right at the joint of the seat heaters, unscrew shift knob, pull up and out, remove philips head screw holding the wood/silver trim piece in- the rest unsnaps, continue with removal of entire interior of car.

Archived