LegacyGT.com

Quirks about the Legacy that you don't like.

I'm finding some annoying things about my GT Ltd wagon, just want to vent, and maybe someone out there has a solution? 1) When you turn off the climate control while in manual climate control mode, and turn it back on to manual (without turning off the car), it loses the previous setting like fan speed and recirculating/outside air. 2) Even if you turn off climate control, it still sucks air in from the outside. Is there essentially no way to turn off all the vents? 3) Seatbelt chime when you don't buckle in even if the car isn't moving. I'm going to short that wire going to the seatbelt buckle to stop it. I always buckle up when I drive, I don't need the reminder. 4) Window lock button on door doesn't lock moonroof control.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's it...I'm canceling my order! :lol: Just kidding. Actually, if that's the only stuff we have, we're doing pretty good, for those who remember the crazy, hazy days of the WRX's debut. 1. I don't follow that one. If you're in manual mode already, how can you turn it to manual? Is one of these settings auto? 2. That's been an ongoing issue with all Subarus, I don't know why. I rented a Mazda 6 this weekend, where you could close the vents completely, with little louvers. And off was off, no air at all. Nice. 3. Is this chime with, or without the keys in the ignition? The Mazda I rented was with the keys in the ignition, but not without. I didn't mind that much. 4. This makes sense, as the circuits are independent, but I can certainly see how it would be annoying, particularly because when you want to lock the windows, (kids, for instance) you probably want to lock the sunroof, also, even though the controls are where the driver can get to them, as opposed to belted rear passengers. I don't have my car yet, but I'm finding posts such as this one useful, to tell me what I should watch out for/anticipate. This week, however, I'll be able to find out for myself. Kevin

1) What I mean is, your climate control is in manual mode (say you turn the A/C off), then you press the off button. Now if you press one of the control buttons except the auto button (say the fan speed butoon) and it will turn back to manual control mode. Except the settings are not the same as before (A/C on, for instance). 3) That is with key at the on or start position. Then you have a certin time to buckle up before it starts to chime.

Needs telescopic steering wheel. I have long legs and it's tough to get to a comfortable position. Either my arms are streched and can't rest on the door or my legs are way bent. Also, I know I'm only in the break in period but 15.9 mpg on premium sucks.

[quote name='jim1969']Needs telescopic steering wheel. I have long legs and it's tough to get to a comfortable position. Either my arms are streched and can't rest on the door or my legs are way bent. Also, I know I'm only in the break in period but 15.9 mpg on premium sucks.[/quote] What?! I just filled up and got 22 MPG mix of city and highway and I just put 400 miles on my car.

[quote name='scubie02']guess you should have done what I did and buy off the lot... :P[/quote] It was hard to find base GTs on the lot. For those who don't want leather, or a sunroof, it's worth the wait. :D Kevin

I'm finding the stick shift more annoying now after having worn in the car a little bit. The worst part is my car has popped out of 1st gear 4 times since day one. I suspect it wasn't totally in gear, but it could have fooled me.... :x Also, I think the stick vibrates too much while driving over rough roads, or even when releasing from cruise to decelerate. I'm guessing maybe a stiffer tranny mount might get rid of some of that....?? Oh...and my continuous whining about the non-one-touch windows.

[quote name='Ninjapimp']I'm finding the stick shift more annoying now after having worn in the car a little bit. The worst part is my car has popped out of 1st gear 4 times since day one. I suspect it wasn't totally in gear, but it could have fooled me.... :x Also, I think the stick vibrates too much while driving over rough roads, or even when releasing from cruise to decelerate. I'm guessing maybe a stiffer tranny mount might get rid of some of that....?? Oh...and my continuous whining about the non-one-touch windows.[/quote] You sound like a candidate for STi engine and tranny mounts. :D

[quote name='Dr. Zevil'][quote name='Ninjapimp']I'm finding the stick shift more annoying now after having worn in the car a little bit. The worst part is my car has popped out of 1st gear 4 times since day one. I suspect it wasn't totally in gear, but it could have fooled me.... :x Also, I think the stick vibrates too much while driving over rough roads, or even when releasing from cruise to decelerate. I'm guessing maybe a stiffer tranny mount might get rid of some of that....?? Oh...and my continuous whining about the non-one-touch windows.[/quote] You sound like a candidate for STi engine and tranny mounts. :D[/quote] yah, instead of the stick vibrating, the whole car does :)

An (attempted) anwer: 2) Hit the recirc button. On the recirc setting, it won't draw outside air. Works even when the cc is off, as does the mode button (if the recirc is set to fresh/outside air). And a nit: Window motors are too slow. Also, does anyone know how to link the driver/passenger cc temp settings?

[quote name='scubie02']guess you should have done what I did and buy off the lot... :P[/quote] No thanks. Every model on the lot at local dealers have been test driven. I'm sure several of them have been redlined within the first 20 miles of it's life (ouch!). The only way to insure that I'm getting a non-abused vehicle was to order one. Ken

[quote name='Ninjapimp']I'm finding the stick shift more annoying now after having worn in the car a little bit. The worst part is my car has popped out of 1st gear 4 times since day one. I suspect it wasn't totally in gear, but it could have fooled me.... :x [/quote] If it were me, I would be heading for the dealer and requesting warranty work on the trans or shifter linkage.

My Legacy GT wagon is just flat-out awesome. I've had it for about ten days now, and here are the very minor gripes and niggles that I have found so far: Missing 12V outlet in cargo area (Outback-only feature) Over-equalized stereo output (wish there was a McIntosh option) Missing one-touch windows up/down (moonroof too) I miss having memory settings for seats, mirrors, &c. (my Audi had that) Separate key and fob No rear fog-light (can I install one?) I'm going to get my first speeding ticket sometime soon. =-) Question: When I'm in SportShift, is there any way of letting it go automatic, without shifting out of SportShift, and then back in again? If not, then add it to the list. If this is the worst that I can think of, then I got absolutely tremendous value for my money... this is really a great vehicle, and compares well with Audi (which I almost bought). -cheers, fattyfox

No rear fog-light (can I install one?)

I'm going to get my first speeding ticket sometime soon. =-)

Are both lights on the rear for reversing? I can't imagine that it would be too hard to setup the rear fog as per the rest of the world

As for the speeding ticket, I'm more worried that when i eventually get one - i'll be way over the limit. :roll:

DSC00209.jpg.735245abd5e3ee83ad87450f6a1492e7.jpg

leg2.jpg.b017d406cb81df0fb060ff0b8905f2cc.jpg

Ditto to most of what's been said already, although I'm not too gripped about these "nuances". Overall the car is great. Having said that, here are my additions: [list] [*]Lack of acceptable cell phone storage. You can put it in the little cubby above the stereo but that zone gets awfully hot, and it looks retarded if your phone is plugged to the charger. I'd like to see an "ashtray delete" option that would fit an average sized phone. [*]The little button on the end of my parking brake rattles incessantly! Does anyone else have this problem? I'll get it looked at when I get the first checkup, but for now it's driving me a little crazy. [*]Having seen how the other side does it at Mazda, I've been spoiled by their incredibly versatile cargo cover. It covers the entire cargo area even when the seats are folded down, plus it has a built-in net that connects to the roof to keep gear from sliding forward during sudden stops. [*]I'd love to be able to sync the climate control so I don't have to turn both knobs to change the overall temperature. [*]Can someone please make it possible for me to put an aftermarket stereo in this thing? [/list] Whew! I feel much better now, thank you. I love my car.

[quote name='Ken S'][quote name='scubie02']guess you should have done what I did and buy off the lot... :P[/quote] No thanks. Every model on the lot at local dealers have been test driven. I'm sure several of them have been redlined within the first 20 miles of it's life (ouch!). The only way to insure that I'm getting a non-abused vehicle was to order one. Ken[/quote] Not mine, it had just come in. I had already driven an auto and was just looking for a stick and got lucky. Personally I think the "you have to be so careful for breakin" thing is a myth anyway. It was actually the head mechanic at a dealership that said drive em like hell when you first get it, as it "sets" the pistons properly or whatever and if something [i]does[/i] go wrong it'll go right away and its still under warranty. I drove my mustang back in the day hard right from the get go, and last I knew it had over 300k miles on it. I drove my wrx pretty hard too w/ no seeming ill effects. I've been a more careful with my GT, but its probably good to run it up near redline a few times for short periods. Just one opinion though. Guess I got a good one--I've been averaging mid 25's for mileage, and have gone over 26 on brief highway stints.

The option of a better stereo would be a very big deal for me, since I think the stock one is lousy. Also, I wish the dash cubby didn't get hot, so I could actually use it for something!

[quote]Not mine, it had just come in. I had already driven an auto and was just looking for a stick and got lucky. [/quote] You are lucky! I don't think I've seen any that haven't been driven by someone around my area. I've heard about that hard break-in procedure. It does seem to make sense, but the only problem is that there isn't any definitive answer. I'd hate to make my new vehicle a test case! Ken

Archived