LegacyGT.com

prices paid for Legacy GT Limited

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You shouldn't pay more than about $500 over invoice.. or look elsewhere. There is no reason that the dealer should think that a car that's built in Indiana should pull a premier price. They are already making money on the holdback. Shoot for $500 over invoice. Actually, just tell them that is what you are paying and if they don't like it them find another dealership.

I would suggest using Van Bortel's pricing as leverage with your dealer. [url]http://www.vanbortelsubaru.com/leg1p.html[/url]. Looks like they are at $26913 for a 5 sp GT LTD Sedan with no options, including delivery. Print out the price list and see if the dealer will match it.

[quote name='yankees25']I would suggest using Van Bortel's pricing as leverage with your dealer. [url]http://www.vanbortelsubaru.com/leg1p.html[/url]. Looks like they are at $26913 for a 5 sp GT LTD Sedan with no options, including delivery. Print out the price list and see if the dealer will match it.[/quote] Wow! Thanks for the info. Seems very reasonable. Have others had luck doing that?

Test drove a GT earlier this week and the cloth was very nice. Almost felt like the seats were more bolstered than the Ltd. What have people been paying here in New England? From the web inventories, there seems to be a pretty good supply on-hand in the area. I will be looking to make my decision over the next month or so. Also, it has been 7 years since I last bought new. Has anyone had to pay any additional "fees" on top of the purchase price, ie. regional advertising, dealer admin, transaction fees, etc? Not sure what the new ones are but I seem to remember these on previous purchases. I don't know what is acceptable and what isn't. I should be taking a G35 6sp. out over the holiday for a comparison drive.

[quote name='Demi9OD']I payed 200 over invoice. Options included spoiler, fog lights, auto dim mirror, wheel locks, perimeter security alarm. 5sp GT non-ltd $25,500.[/quote] It seems like fog lights come standard, don't they? One dealer wanted to charge me MSRP, these guys had a tag team working on me! Another dealer wanted 3% over invoice, but they gave me the creeps. Another dealer said they would beat any price by any other dealer, but did not give me a quote (I didn't ask). I think I will try the van bortel price on the latter.

Demi9OD, where did you purchase your Subaru from? Seems like a pretty good deal. Also, do you think dealers on the west coast will accept a price they have on the east coast (ie: Van Bortel)?
-ben

I bought mine from Bob Dunn in Greensboro North Carolina. My best advice for getting a good price is e-mail e-mail e-mail. Go to the Subaru website and punch in your state, or neiboring state if you are willing to drive a couple hours to pick up the car. E-mail every single dealer in the state saying that you have been given a $500 over invoice offer by your local dealership, and would like to know if they can match or beat that price. As the offers start coming in, play the dealerships against eachother, tossing quotes back and forth. If you really work at it you can probably attain a car for under invoice. Do not agree to a deposit or order and wait 8 weeks, you can drive away with a car right off the lot for invoice if you work at it. I started working on dealers a little more than a month ago, and had to make a spreadsheet to keep track of all the dealership names, locations, salesman names, and offered prices. edit: other things to consider, remember to ask about the ad fee, documentation fee, tax title and licencing fee. Alot of dealerships will match your price but drop these fees (which can add up to 600 bucks), so if someone doesn't mention it, make sure to let them know some other dealership has already offered to drop those fees. The lowest price offer I got was $500 under invoice, but I fumbled over the phone (I was busy at work), and pissed the salesman off, he dropped the offer.

I'm picking up my 5 spd. Ltd. wagon on Thursday. Black with taupe and two options- Gentex LED mirror and rear cargo tray. MSRP $30,589,dealer price $27,299-- They knocked off $3290 and I basically got this price thru an E-mail! The car is coming from Brattleboro Vt. to my dealer(Tri-City Subaru, Somersworth NH) Distance from Vt. to NH about 150 miles, so it will have at least this much on it. No BS on this one-- total document and title fees were $104. They've been in business 27 years.

Straight Invoice (VIP Program) with no ad fees...'05 Sedan w/short shift, security & compass mirror, $27565. $14275 down plus a $100 subaru buck plus 2.75% = low, low pmt! :D

hey, i just wanted to double check something, when you mention "invoice" you mean $23,912 for GT manual - like stated in edmunds and msn auto? the reason I question it is because i went to a dealer this past weekend and the salesman said "I'll sale it to you at invoice w a small markup" and the price he quoted was 25400.

Also got straight invoice (VIP) program, salesperson couldn't have been nicer (or more knowledgable about the car; he liked it so much be bought an Outback XT a week after I bought my Legacy GT Limited wagon). If you can wait to buy for six months, join a VIP member now and you'll get invoice. Wanted a few accessories they didn't have (cabin air filter, armrest extension, cross bars); salesperson said when they arrive I can buy them at cost.

[quote name='DSattler']Also got straight invoice (VIP) program.... If you can wait to buy for six months, join a VIP member now and you'll get invoice. ...[/quote] Silly question. What is a VIP program and where can I sign up? Does it cost anything to sign up for it? Thanks.

[url]http://www.cars101.com/subaru/subaru_discounts.html[/url] [quote name='clearcornea']Silly question. What is a VIP program and where can I sign up? Does it cost anything to sign up for it? Thanks.[/quote]

This Space For Rent

Haven't purchased yet... but current deal stands at invoice ($27,593) for a GT Lmtd., 5M, short throw shifter, spoiler, autodim mirror/compass, subwoofer/amp, and wheel locks. Has anyone gotten BELOW invoice cost yet?

VIP is a program Subaru does in conjunction with a number of organizations, mostly related to outdoor activities such as kayaking, conoeing, skiing, mountain biking, etc. I joined IMBA, which is a mountain biking group, for $25. After six months you can buy any Subie at invoice. You just contact the group, tell them the dealer you're going to, and they send the dealer and you a letter. No muss, no fuss.

new to the forum...but have also been on i-club and nasioc for a while. I just haggled a dealer that I went to with the Van Bortel price, with all the options I wanted, and he quoted me this: 2.5 Legacy GT (non-ltd) air filter system; keyless security upgrade; metal pedal pad set; momo shift knob (M/T), rubber mats, short throw shifter, subwoofer/amp, and wheel locks. As well as the standard cloth interior, dual climate control, engine immobilizer, etc. I haggled them to the point where they quoted me $25,980.00. Do you feel that this would be a good deal? Van Bortel was quoting $25,680.00 and it's about 300 miles away (so the 300 I lose out on, is really a savings in terms of gas, food, and lodging for a night). I might still haggle a little more, for them to give me a bit more on the trade-in...so let's see what happens...I go back tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated. I will also try to obtain an outside financed loan, so I don't have to deal with the dealers trying to milk me with a higher interest rate. Thanks in advance Later, i.

Archived