LegacyGT.com

Gas Mileage for a NA 2.5 Engine

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been disappointed with the gas mileage to date on the '05. I traded a '99 SUS for the '05. I was getting about 4-5 more mpg with that. That had the 2.5l DOHC engine. I only have about 2000 miles on the 05.

One thing I have noticed with all the cars I have owned is that as it gets older the economy goes up. I do a lot of highway driving and in an area where the speed is about 80 - 85+ I am at 26.7 after passing 5K miles. I am seeing the economy go up from 24 on the highway when new, driving the same speeds.

Wow, so even the NA engine gets horrible gas mileage. I'm relaly surprised by that I expected it would get atleast 30mpg on the highway.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Damn, what the hell are you all doing for such crappy mileage? The wife's 2.5i Wagon (Auto) is averaging 26 to 27mpg in mixed city and highway driving. Currently has less than 2000 miles on the car.

My 2.5i gas mileage averages about 22-25 mpg in mixed driving. I live in a hilly area so I'm sure my gas milage is suffering because the constant down shifting the 4EAT needs to in order to maintain speed. I recently went on a trip and averaged 28 mpg on all highway driving...flat NJ Turnpike driving.

Since I'm from downunder and we work with litres/100km I thought I'd do a conversion to help you lot out. With my manual, and the mo' I'm getting about 30 mpg with mostly open road driving. That's about 7.8L/100km for us.

The more k's you get on the dial the better the economy gets. I did a 4000 km (you can work out the miles) road trip a few weeks back with mostly highway driving but a lot of city too. And most of the highway driving was around some hilly, insanely windy roads. For the trip I got about 8.8L/100 km (about 27 mpg). I didn't stuff around on the corners either.

Either you lot have your foot nailed to the firewall or the subbies down here are specced differently. Can't imagine it to make that much of a difference though. I know I couldn't even come remotely close to getting that mileage from the GT. I had to drive too much like a nana

Most of my driving is on city streets. I have a 10 mile commute into work everyday in which I go through about 22 stop lights and/or signs. So I average about a stop every 1/2 mile. That is where I believe my MPG suffers.

One thing I have noticed with all the cars I have owned is that as it gets older the economy goes up. .

No shit. I am delighted to report that right now the average increased to 17.7 and at some point one evening city driving, speeds of about 35 mph, I averaged 23.8 (with no traffic, but city driving nevertheless). On the highway...still have not had a chance to drive more than a few miles but 26.5-27 per on-board computer.

But then again...there is little I can do to avoid 2.69 premium gasoline and snail-paced traffic in Chicago.

2.5i auto here. My daily commute is 8 miles one way, city driving, with about a dozen stoplights. When my car was new I averaged about 18 mpg, maybe a little less. Now that I'm up to 2500 miles on the odometer, my gas mileage is up to about 21. Here in Denver I am using 85 octane instead of the recommended 87 (87 is considered mid-grade), and I'm at an altitude of over 5,000 ft.

Did a trip up to NY this weekend. Didn't chech the mileage going up but un the trip down, I averaged 26.4. I think that was not a bad number considering I did a 306 mile trip in a little less than 4 hours (3:50). there were times when traffic was flowing at 90-100, and the occaisonal steady run at 100. When I refueled today, I had 352 on the odo and the trip computer said i had 90 miles until empty. I added 13.3 gallons.

Took a trip to Williamsburg VA over the Easter Weekend in my wifes 05 OB. Gas mileage was about 29mpg on the trip down and about 26mpg on the way back. I believe the difference in the gas mileage was due to the torrential rain that we drove back in all the way from Williamsburg VA to Allentown PA. Car handled great in the heavy rain.

Just purchased my new Legacy last weekend. I'm still on my first tank of gas. With the 5MT so far I've averaged 27 mpg with a lot of highway miles. Pretty pleased so far.

Archived