LegacyGT.com

30k maintenance

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What exactly are they doing in the service? The price isn't that bad depending on what is being done. We do not perform any fuel injection cleaning. Now our 30/60/90/120/150/180k major services get a can of BG 44K fuel treatment in it, but that is it.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Yeah, I haven't gone yet. I'd have to:

Flush and change tranny fluid.

Change diff fluid.

Change brake fluid.

Flush and change coolant.

What else? I have to go look.

Oil change

Tire rotation

Air filter

Change transmission fluid

Change coolant

Change brake fluid

Adjust E Brake

check over vehicle

We do the above but flush the fluids, dump in BG44K in the fuel tank, balance tires and check the vehicle over for under $500

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

basically dont let the dealer touch anything that's not listed in the

maintenance manual.

especially for only 30k miles i would just get the coolant changed,

brake fluid, oil change, air filter change. i had the dealer rape me for

$585 for 30K earlier this spring. if everything ran great afterwards i

would not have complained (due to my schedule i didnt feel like

doing it on my own), but man, the car ran like shit with SES coming

on after almost each rain shower scaring the wife to hell.

so i ended up pretty much redo-ing wat the dealer did on my own

and fixed it. not sure wtf they did but i think they messed up

something on the MAF while replacing the air filter. was about

to sell the damn car for an odyesse, but economy fell to crap and

didnt feel like spending money any more on a new car. the legacy

runs fine now.

So i got my car back yesterday and paid $491.I do my oil change today,while i was under the car i check the transmission filter and guess what they haven't change it.I was so pissed off and called the stealership and speak with the service manager and the idiot is trying to cover his guys a###s .He told me that it doesn't need to be change if the tech. thinks its ok.How could that moron tech tell if the filter is okey.So i told him that's B###S that its like changing the engine oil w/out changing the oil filter.The service also includes cleaning the throttle body,where is it located (06 legacy 2.5i).And one last thing .while my car is in the stealership the service advisor called me that they check one of the sparkplug and it need to be change and wants $148 for it so i said no thanks.Guess what today i check the sparkplug wires there is no finger print or sign that they pull the sparkplug out.What should i do need some advice.Going back to the stealership on monday.Sorry for the long post.Thanks

So i got my car back yesterday and paid $491.I do my oil change today,while i was under the car i check the transmission filter and guess what they haven't change it.I was so pissed off and called the stealership and speak with the service manager and the idiot is trying to cover his guys a###s .He told me that it doesn't need to be change if the tech. thinks its ok.How could that moron tech tell if the filter is okey.So i told him that's B###S that its like changing the engine oil w/out changing the oil filter.The service also includes cleaning the throttle body,where is it located (06 legacy 2.5i).And one last thing .while my car is in the stealership the service advisor called me that they check one of the sparkplug and it need to be change and wants $148 for it so i said no thanks.Guess what today i check the sparkplug wires there is no finger print or sign that they pull the sparkplug out.What should i do need some advice.Going back to the stealership on monday.Sorry for the long post.Thanks

What did they all do for that 30k? If they did a transmission flush, does their service include changing the filter? Did you ask them if it did or not? Did you request it? I ask this because most places do not change the trans filter if it is flushed.

Did they make a notation that they pulled the plug and what they found? BTW, most technician these days use rubber gloves, so that may be the reason you do not see finger prints;)

What did they all do for that 30k? If they did a transmission flush, does their service include changing the filter? Did you ask them if it did or not? Did you request it? I ask this because most places do not change the trans filter if it is flushed.

Did they make a notation that they pulled the plug and what they found? BTW, most technician these days use rubber gloves, so that may be the reason you do not see finger prints;)

Changing the transmission filter is included in their 30K maintenace lists.They havent make a notation that they pull the plugs out but the service manager called me that they check it and the tip of the plug is dark already and need to change.

Changing the transmission filter is included in their 30K maintenace lists.They havent make a notation that they pull the plugs out but the service manager called me that they check it and the tip of the plug is dark already and need to change.

Ok, if they listed it to be changed, then yes, it should have been changed. I would be calling them back.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about due for my 30k, and if I have an 80k extended warranty through Subaru there's no reason I couldn't do this myself anyways, is that correct? Or do I have to bring it to Subaru for them to honor the warranty? :/

I mean, I change my own oil, rotate my tires, and all that other stuff, I don't see how it's any different right?

I was debating on doing it myself, but more likely having Mike at Tuning Alliance do it for me at ESP since I don't have the time. I just don't feel like getting raped by the stealership. :redface:

Hey guys! I just stumbled on this site. I have a 07 Legacy 2.5i Just was wondering some of the same things about the 30k maintaince

I don't see any reason you cant do it yourself. I'm going to try and do what I can. Do any of you know where I can get the spark plugs for less than 12 dollars a plug?!

PS. I also got quoted 600+ for my 30k

If I recall you should be able to get all 4 for $12. They are not platinum/iridium plugs.

They should be 12 bucks for 4. The platinum ones are about $12-$15 each.

^^ Blackfang - do you see any warranty issues from a customer doing there own work? Any reason a dealership may try to use that against you?

It all depends on the dealer as they all are not the same. I don't care if you maintain the car by using us or a DIY. If it is warranty, it is warranty.

Now, if you did the work and did it incorrectly, then yes SOA will not warranty what you messed up. If you have detailed records to show that you did the maintenance I have no problem with that. I say that because I do not know what other dealers may say. Being on the forums, I have read about some sleezy ones. This is what I recommend my customers do if they do their own maintenance. Save the parts receipts and write the date and mileage on it. Then photocopy it and staple the copy to the oil filter box top.

If there is a problem where your turbo or engine has failed due to abuse, or lack of maintenance, only SOA can deny that claim. The dealer can't. They have to get SOA involved and they will request your maintenance records. Hope this helps.

Archived