LegacyGT.com

COBB Intake Question

Subieaction

I have been strapped for cash for awhile after getting my car. I am still debating on getting the cobb intake. My question is how rich will she run with it. This car is my DD, and I want to do a few things to it but not whore it all out. I have read that it is more personal if you want to do a tune or not do a tune. My thing is I don't want it to neg affect the turbo in the long run.

It will run lean, not rich. The cobb intake is designed to work well with their Accessport maps, but not for the stock tune, IIRC.

Save your money or buy something else.

^ This ;)

If you want I would start getting the accessport and or an exhaust followed by a downpipe but scratch the intake right now

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Sounds like a cat-back exhaust is your best bet then. It will let you hear the car and you don't need a tune. Either way the best mod you can do is learn to drive the car. Go to an autocross or High Performance Driver Education and you will be faster without having to drop a ton of money. If you need to spend money then do the cat-back. It is probably the only power mod you can do without tuning and it will net a horse or two.

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

If you just want to hear some more of the turbo sound, just do the intake silencer removal as described in the Performance Walk-Throughs and call it a day:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/intake-silencer-removal-walk-through-110580.html

The stock intake is actually very efficient and should be more than adequate for your goals.

Do not switch to a panel filter or even a Cobb intake with the Stage 1 or Stage 2 maps that Cobb provides. Cobb has flip flopped on this but if you go to their website and look at the specifications for the maps you will see this:

MUST USE FACTORY INTAKE SYSTEM and FACTORY INTAKE FILTER. NO

OTHER AFTERMARKET INTAKES, OR DROP-IN REPLACEMENT AIR FILTERS ARE CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE WITH THIS CALIBRATION. THE USE OF A DROP-IN REPLACEMENT AIR FILTER WILL ALLOW THE VEHICLE TO RUN LEANER THAN DESIRED, WHICH CAN CAUSE ENGINE DAMAGE.

Nice thing about the silencer removal is it's reversible and free too. Welcome to the forum.

Did you cap the hole or leave it open? I can see how allowing air to enter the box from a different angle could affect flow across the MAF, but if the resonator were removed and the hole was closed off, there wouldn't be any difference in airflow.

Archived