LegacyGT.com

How can i make my Legacy LTD more like a GT?

The title really is the question. What can i do to make my cars performance more like the GT's? I have an 05 Legacy 2.5i LTD, wouldn't mind getting a little more power out of it.

I guess the most logical thing would be is getting a turbo, and from what i've seen that requires a lot of engine work. Have people done this? Tried to get the same performance out of the LTD to reflect the GT?

What else is different? I'm under the impression the interior is the same, is that correct?

Thanks!

Haha! Ok, i should've expected this type of response. My bad. I bet this topic has been beaten to a bloody pulp by now.

Major noob question, was just interested in seeing what people have done with their LTD i keep finding all this info for the GT version, but not the standard LTD version.

The GT is vastly different than a 2.5i counterpart, all the way down to the fuel pump and steering wheel

Yes! That's the response i was more so looking for!

What else can you tell me? So based off of your response the motor is different, right? Interior wise, are things the same? I saw that the 06 GT has a navi system inbetween the air ducts, would i be able to install that in my 05 LTD?

Are there things that are interchangeable between the two? I was under impressions interior should be 99% the same. Is the body the same? Cosmetically i only see the front hood as different.

Thanks for the response!

Bloody pulp doesn't describe how beaten this topic is. Almost as bad as oil threads...

A search would have shown you that a change is the vehicle is the most cost affective route to take. Hint use the advanced search feature.

Suspension parts are the same except for the front sway bars and the brake rotors

body is the same except for the hood of course, the engine, powertrain/drivetrain is all different as well as fueling however the intake air filter is the same part number. intakes are differently routed though. exterior mods for the gt are compatible with the 2.5i

Bloody pulp doesn't describe how beaten this topic is. Almost as bad as oil threads...

A search would have shown you that a change is the vehicle is the most cost affective route to take. Hint use the advanced search feature.

Thank you, i did use the advanced search feature, and yup, found that they were different, just nothing specific. I was hoping to find a break-down between the two cars and a comparison of difference. Just bought the Legacy on Monday so still very excited about it. The GT version is out of my financial reach because i also run on motorcycles, I wasn't looking for a fast car, but a fun comfortable car. Legacy fits me perfectly, but i still have a lot of questions. I want to get my Sub and Amp attached to the car, and want an aftermarket headunit, but found that to be nearly impossible unless you're willing to spend close to $400 on that avoJDM part, so i'll probably buy that aux adaptor the one guy is selling foxy something. Then i want a hitch set-up but that's pretty simple from what i've found. Lastly i want crossbars for a ski rack, but my car nothing on it's roof (besides the sun roof), so i'll need to find one of those crappy universal alternatives.

Was looking for a point in the right direction because the amount of info about the GT is not lacking, but finding things out for the LTD is a bit difficult.

Sorry for the bad post, should've tried to be more specific.

Major noob question, was just interested in seeing what people have done with their LTD i keep finding all this info for the GT version, but not the standard LTD version.

Did you even bother to read the names of all the subforums?

If you haven't the mental capacity to figure out which forum is for your car, you need to stop worrying about making it faster and focus on operating it safely.

Suspension parts are the same except for the front sway bars and the brake rotors

body is the same except for the hood of course, the engine, powertrain/drivetrain is all different as well as fueling however the intake air filter is the same part number. intakes are differently routed though. exterior mods for the gt are compatible with the 2.5i

Seriously, thanks man! That's excellent info, i've yet to find those exact words, in such a direct way. Makes me regret posting this thread up a bit less. Know of any threads that do a nice breakdown between the two?

I saw that one of the GT models has a different steering wheel with audio control on them, it didn't really mention if the 05 LTD would be able to use it, and if it would be plug and play or i'd have to do hardcore wiring (i'm an EE so not worried about it).

Did you even bother to read the names of all the subforums?

If you haven't the mental capacity to figure out which forum is for your car, you need to stop worrying about making it faster and focus on operating it safely.

I guess the title was chosen very poorly, so that's my bad. In regards to my mental capacity, relax man, why get so hostile over nothing? Not trying to stur up trouble, if i did i apologize and will excuse myself from the forums.

If everything's cool, which i hope, i was just trying to find more of a comparison to between the two. I wasn't looking on how to do a engine/turbo swap or anything like that. Just see what's different between the two, that way i'd be able to filter out the things i won't be able to do.

For example, i'm interested in getting a hitch for the car, found a really excellent thread that showed an install, and everything. But it's done on a GT model not the 2.5 LTD, so i'm a little worried if the GT and 2.5 are vastly different, this wouldn't help me.

I hope this clears it up, i'll chose my titles a bit more carefully from now on.

Understand that if you can't afford to trade a GT, "upgrading" a 2.5i is actually MORE expensive, which is what has been covered many times. That's why you're getting such negative results.

2.5i upgrading = more expensive

Trade in + cash for stock LGT = less expensive

/topic

Understand that if you can't afford to trade a GT, "upgrading" a 2.5i is actually MORE expensive, which is what has been covered many times. That's why you're getting such negative results.

2.5i upgrading = more expensive

Trade in + cash for stock LGT = less expensive

/topic

Very fare answer, I appreciate the input.

This link will tell you the big differences between the two.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2005.html

Wow! Thank you! that's exactly what i was looking for. Very much appreciated!

I have another question though, what do you guys do about ski racks? Thule looks crazy expensive, any good alternatives? I saw the Wagon one comes with cross bar capabilities but not the sedan. Any tips?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived