LegacyGT.com

Possible to transfer TPMS from Stock wheels/tire to new sets of wheel?

2010Legacy

Most of the aftermarket rims will work with the TPMS. Unless it have a lip and a weird design valve stem location.

And you can get rid of your TPMS only if you can stand that stupid light there all the time.

Yes, i've looked around and this fits the bill just fine for me. I've actually been looking at the Gravel for over a year. Finally i just couldn't take the steelies anymore :lol:

Even though they are Knockoffs i tend to think they are just fine. I'm sure they are def. not on the same level as Works, Volks, SSR, BBS..etc etc... but i'm not going to race or autoX but lately lota legit Race groups have been rocking Rota wheels. Anyways.... For my needs, i think Rota Gravel is just fine.

Lets not get into Rota vs... :)

From what I know, having TPMS on the Gravel shouldn't be a problem. Have you look into getting other rims besides Rota? I just can't justify paying that much for knock-offs.

All 4 sensors in a single tube? How big a tube? Just enough to fit them inside?

Are the sensors battery powered?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

put the sensors in a pvc tube and fill the tube with 32psi and then keep it in the trunk. voila! no tpms sensors on the wheels and no tpms light on dash.

My understanding was that the TPMS sensors only transmitted when the wheel is rotated above a certain speed. I assume they do this to conserve battery life and use a centrifugal switch.

Gary

^ You are correct. Unless the tube spins, it won't work.

OP, unless someone else verifies that they'll fit (manufacturer or someone else with the same wheels), you won't know until you try. Everything will be unmounted anyway so just tell the shop to switch them over. They'll let you know if they don't fit.

My understanding was that the TPMS sensors only transmitted when the wheel is rotated above a certain speed. I assume they do this to conserve battery life and use a centrifugal switch.

Gary

Yup, 25mph from what i understand.

Just had the shop exchange the TPMS sensors over from the steelies that came with my '11 2.5i to the '08 spec b wheels I bought off another forum member. Took 2mins a wheel to unscrew from one and into the other. I believe it req'd a small torx bit, but I didnt look that closely. Drove at least 30 miles since and no light, so all sensors seem to be working fine. Shop didnt charge anything extra besides the cost to break down the wheels so we could extract the sensors.

Definitely worth it to not have to see the annoying light constantly.

Archived