LegacyGT.com

Official 2006 spec.B Registry

The SpecB's do have some nice upgrades over the normal LGTs, like barmanbean eluded too. But, if you are buying it used, it's important to note that your insurance company sees no difference in a SpecB or an LGT. If it's in great shape get it, but don't overpay for it.

If you want the aluminum control arm bits (the best part of the B), contact money(username on this board), he is parting out #273.

I don't think their "rare". 500 of the exact car in the same year. There are cars with different color/interior schemes that are more rare. Like a white with black leather 5mt gt. Their rare and hard to find. Edited by FknBoss

I'm selling mine pm me if your interested it's in amazing shape low miles and fresh rebuild at 65k with all reciepts and maint. Records and I just had it in at PIA they went over everything in pre purchase inspection

I don't think their rare. 500 of the exact car in the same year. There are cars with different color/interior scheese that are more rare. Like a white with. Lack leather stick gt. Their rare and hard to find.
Nice post :lol: Is english your first language?

I doubt they become "collector's cars" - but I still find it laughable when someone claims that a color combo defines "rarity" when it's just a LGT... talk about reaching! They are all the same just different paint/interior choices. The early non limited LGTs with cloth and no sunroof are much more unique LGTs, and that option package wasn't offered throughout the years of the 4th gen LGT so perhaps that's "rare".

Any spec.B has quite expensive suspension upgrades for performance, NAV with a manual trans, steering wheel audio controls, interiors not offered in LGTs, 18" wheel packages, and were actually released as a limited edition at a premium price. The additional or perceived value isn't due to rarity. It is a performance model above the standard vehicle like a Mazdaspeed 6, a M class BMW, MR Evos, Saleen/Roush Mustangs etc.

Nice post :lol: Is english your first language?

I doubt they become "collector's cars" - but I still find it laughable when someone claims that a color combo defines "rarity" when it's just a LGT... talk about reaching! They are all the same just different paint/interior choices. The early non limited LGTs with cloth and no sunroof are much more unique LGTs, and that option package wasn't offered throughout the years of the 4th gen LGT so perhaps that's "rare".

Any spec.B has quite expensive suspension upgrades for performance, NAV with a manual trans, steering wheel audio controls, interiors not offered in LGTs, 18" wheel packages, and were actually released as a limited edition at a premium price. The additional or perceived value isn't due to rarity. It is a performance model above the standard vehicle like a Mazdaspeed 6, a M class BMW, MR Evos, Saleen/Roush Mustangs etc.

Point, set, match.

All cars can be collectible, but one must always assume they are a liability, not an asset.

I am looking to buy 2006 Spec B #313. Its from Atlanta, GA and so far it is a 1 owner, hopefully I can make it a 2 owner car.

I know this has probably been covered 1 million times but when I look up the NADA value for the Spec B the only difference is adding the navigation. It seems like it should be worth more than a LGT.

What should I pay for the 1 owner Spec B with a rebuilt transmission 121,000 miles and the car has been in GA so there isn't any rust or is this something that I should stay away from? He is asking $10,400

Rebuilt trans has be a bit worried. Was it rebuilt with stronger gears or oem?

And any mods on it?

I would say that its a pretty decent asking price. Id pay no more than 9k for it though

^^I would agree w/spc2125. I paid 16k for mine last year, but Holy Mods Batman!! I could not start a list of the mods this car had. But after new timing belt w/cogs, gears, water pump, thermostat and replacing the damaged factory turbo...100k on the odometer. After a tune it laid 308hp/309wtq. I am very pleased with it! And let me add, the only way I'm getting rid of my Spec B is when I feel my grandson is ready to handle it for himself(which will take another 18yrs), I'll keep this one for awhile...😊

....I'm just another Twin!

Rebuilt trans has be a bit worried. Was it rebuilt with stronger gears or oem?

And any mods on it?

I would say that its a pretty decent asking price. Id pay no more than 9k for it though

It has me a bit worried too. It comes with an aftermarket exhaust but he said 2 teeth ( guess 2nd gear) were broken off. The tranny still has a 10 month warranty from Aamco. He also has put new rotors and pads on.

Im still undecided about getting this Spec B. I had a WRX wagon and have fell in love with the wagon so Im leaning towards a Outback XT manual. Its the same motor, more room, more luxury and about the same price.

I also tried to buy this car about a month or more ago, ran the carfax...it is wrecked and it appears the turbo/head gaskets have not been done as well. Anyway still put a solid offer down because I wanted a spec b so bad... Joey called me and told me the car was SOLD to a young chap in South Georgia. Apparently that fell through... Let me know if you would like the carfax + I think I still have 2-3 reports left to run on my $60 trial..

I also tried to buy this car about a month or more ago, ran the carfax...it is wrecked and it appears the turbo/head gaskets have not been done as well. Anyway still put a solid offer down because I wanted a spec b so bad... Joey called me and told me the car was SOLD to a young chap in South Georgia. Apparently that fell through... Let me know if you would like the carfax + I think I still have 2-3 reports left to run on my $60 trial..

He told me it was a 1 owner but he didn't tell me anything about the turbo/ head gaskets. We didn't talk very long. That would be awesome if you could send me the carfax. My email is Bluimpreza00@hotmail.com

He has it posted in the Atlanta section of craigslist.com.

Thanks

I understand the spec.B has bilsteins, but are the springs still the same? Does it sit lower than the GT (assuming they are on the same wheels)?

p.s. picking up 347/500 on Saturday.

I understand the spec.B has bilsteins, but are the springs still the same? Does it sit lower than the GT (assuming they are on the same wheels)?

p.s. picking up 347/500 on Saturday.

I'm not certain what types of springs come with it from factory(orginal), but my SpecB has STI Pink springs. It does have an aggressive feel on the road, but smooth ride on long trips.

What the deal with the turbo/ head gaskets? Do they just go out? I have owned 5 Subarus and never really heard of anything about the head gaskets problem.

00 2.5RS

01 2.5RS with 02 EJ20

02 WRX wagon

06 Legacy 2.5i

06 Forester

@ 06Spec.B

I purchased my 06 Spec B last year in February, and right off the bat... Timing Belt(Gates Racing), Water Pump, Thermostat, cog gears for timing, Timing Cover, Radiator(CSF), Belts(Gates Racing), Radiator Hoses(Samco) and last but not least the turbo had to be replaced! So I chose not to get factory replacement and went with a Tomioca Racing TD05-20g for the same price and more bang for the buck!! 😄 It was well spent 6k when completed.

I was in the same boat at you 06spec.b. I bought it in rough shape, tires, suspension inc about every wearable component, clutch and fly wheel, turbo, timing belt, intercooler, rack, steering pump, ac compressor and much much more im sure all with in about 2 years. then I started to go through about a quart of oil every 500 miles. I love my car and miss it so very much but it was gonna be a money trap and wasn't worth it. ill get back in the game till then im loving my 2014 fx4 and the sympathy of a 5.oh, truck payments are rough but its worth it too me.

I really hope that my car lands in good hands, be cool if it pops up on here, I have a slue of parts I can send the new owner haha.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not certain what types of springs come with it from factory(orginal), but my SpecB has STI Pink springs. It does have an aggressive feel on the road, but smooth ride on long trips.

IDK what springs on them from factory either, but mine has STI pink springs on it as well

How do u know if my legacy is a numbered one,

Mine is 06 legacy gt b spec, has on the bonnet "sports mind by subaru"

Steve

2006 spec.B came from the factory with a badge near the shifter that displays the number. Extremely obvious. All the 2006 spec.bs have the same exact color scheme too. Titanium silver exterior with a brick red interior. If you don't have that, might not be a spec.b unless a lot of parts got swapped around

2006 spec.B came from the factory with a badge near the shifter that displays the number. Extremely obvious. All the 2006 spec.bs have the same exact color scheme too. Titanium silver exterior with a brick red interior. If you don't have that, might not be a spec.b unless a lot of parts got swapped around

This is only true in the USDM. SpecB's were offered in other markets. IIRC dvsstv doesn't have his location listed.

Edited by finse
got confused...

IDK what springs on them from factory either, but mine has STI pink springs on it as well

They came with spec b springs :) The stock ones were black. The pinks were a popular upgrade back in the day. #133 has pinks too. :cool: