LegacyGT.com

Greddy EVO2 & SP2 Exhausts Availible for 05' Legacy

NeedMoreBoost

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SnoDork has looked into them already and apparently, Greddy said that they are a wagon fitment only. Judging from the pics from Prodrive, where they fitted their wagon exhaust to a sedan, that means that the tips will stick out about 1" too far on a sedan. Pricing was reasonable for the Greddy systems, around $750 or so.

SnoDork has looked into them already and apparently, Greddy said that they are a wagon fitment only. Judging from the pics from Prodrive, where they fitted their wagon exhaust to a sedan, that means that the tips will stick out about 1" too far on a sedan. Pricing was reasonable for the Greddy systems, around $750 or so.

Thanks boostjunkie, excuse me while I put my foot in my mouth . :( Hopefully an exhaust for the sedan will come out soon. I've been waiting for an exhaust by one of the bigger companies to come out, guess I jumped the gun.

Evo2 - $1080 - wagons only

SP2 - $925 - wagons only

Rather competitive prices compared to the other cat-back options (that sit in the 1200 range). Too bad neither will work for my sedan...sure would suck to cut out 1" out of a brand new pipe...

yeah, their website states SUB LEGACY GT 2005-on 60mm pipe 115x110mm tip "wagon, dual shuffler"...which would lead me to think that they offer dual mufflers :-)

Nice find on the price Boostjunkie!

Does anyone know what these may sound like...any experiences from the WRX crowd?

Heard nothing but good stuff about greddy's evo2's...if you want the subtle "quieter" exhaust when driving around neighborhoods and want to hear the boxer when out in the open highway, this is it...i've been waiting for this for a while :D...keep us posted
In Taiwan now...:spin:

I had ..uh.. still have... a greddy evo for my prelude. V. Nice. I've scrapped it, bottomed out on it over speedbumps, banged it, and abused that thing so much. The gift that keeps on giving.

The only issue is reselling it. The outside of the piping will be extremely rusty even after a couple stormy days and the mufflers will eventually tarnish. To me, an exhaust system is down and dirty so I personally don't care but for someone that's looking for new and shiney .. it'll be a tough sell.

Mellow is probably where I would put it. I'll have to read up on the specs and definitely check them out. Good find.

.. uh.. anyone want a greddy evo for a 5th gen prelude? cheap!

EVO2 from GReddy site: "Inherent in its name, the EVO2 cat-back exhaust system is a huge step forward. In addition to the GReddy straight-through technology, offset tip design and large piping diameters of the original EVO, the EVO2 is now offered in full stainless steel providing improved looks, durability and corrosion resistance while maintaining the best qualities of the original such as fitment, sound and performance." So, no more rust worries with the EVO2.

The other, cheaper GReddy exhaust available is the SP2.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've talked to a couple of shops and actually Greddy themselves...The SP2 is Wagon Specific and is indeed Dual Mufflers...The same will be for the EVO2...

As for now plans are only set for the Wagon...and the main difference between a SP/EVO vs. SP2/EVO2 is they went full stainless steel from the cat back...

aight kids, that's all i got!

~Sucka-Duck~

as far as the pipe diameter...The catback section is 70mm (2.75") then it splits off into dual 60mm (2.36") pipes into the dual mufflers.

as far as the EVO2, i believe it starts out with a 80mm (3.15")...

so its not that badly sized...

as far as Price, i've been quoted low 7's to high 8's for the SP2 and EVO2 respectively...just gotta do the leg work and know some people that know some people!

~Sucka-Duck~

I ordered the Greddy SP2 for my 2005 Legacy GT Wagon last Monday, the system arrived Friday! Of course I was very excited to install the system! I managed to remove the old and install the new in about an hour and a half. The kit includes all the hardware you need, bolts, gaskets, but NO instructions.

All in all I like the look, everything fit well, although I noticed as I was installing the system that the right and left exhaust tips are at slightly different angles from each other, maybe off by about 2 degrees. On the car though, the casual observer would likely not notice, but I do. There are no signs of damage which would cause a 3" diameter weld to bend, so I concluded they were purposly welded this way, or I got a Lemon? I sent a message off the Greddy with photos and my concern.

The sound of the system is quite gnarly! I will try to record a sound byte when I can. You will need a full range stereo system to play back this sound byte for these mufflers produce a good amount of DEEP bass. Around town driving with the new system is pretty loud, and having a wagon doesn't help much because it tends to amplify sounds eminating from the rear of the car. On the highway it is noticable, but certainly better. The system forces you to drive slower keeping the drone in a quiet spot at about 69-70 mph.

Also, this system is intended only for WAGONS! Says so right on the box. The tips are extended to reach out just beyond the bumper.

Here are links to a couple photos:

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3818905/1112347283262_Before_After.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3818905/1112319022795_Subaru_Greddy_NEW.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3818905/1115447951984_New_Exhaust_sml.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3818905/1113215401453_Parts.jpg

Enjoy!

Archived